Latest Diablo 3 News
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

1.00 fcr breakpoints.

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by Eriklop, Feb 13, 2016.

1. Eriklop

Eriklop Diabloii.Net Member

Yeah there is not all that much info on 1.00 and a thread seems to be in order.

The Normal maggots are great from 12-20. The nightmare gives good xp around 25. When i do it the main character doin the killing gets around 6 levels per hour. THe mules are a bit behind ofcourse. Its really not baal Lod but its nice because you cant make 1 game and stay in for as long as you want. It can get a bit laggy when there are a billion items on the floor though.

And again when not partied the xp level is much higher for some reason. This patch is really strange.

Ps when i put 3 pgems with magic amu it creats a new magic one. Im nt sure if this is the ilvl 100 one that is up in later patches. I collected around 15 skulls ready for some shrines. Im really hoping you can make ilvl 100 amus with +2 skills. Diablo has really shitty drops when q drop is done so thats the only way.

@logoutzero

The drop are indeed spawnd on making of the game it seems. I have had corpses that gave my magic with the same stats over and over. Some times there a bit unstable giving 1 thing or another. Im wondering if you find a unique from a corpse or so that it would be there every game. That would top all soj hunting tricks in the history of D2. But i dont recall ever getting a ring from a corpse. The chests seem to be more random At Lk i get more different drops.

2. Timinator

Timinator Diabloii.Net Member

I don't play 1.00, I've been doing some 1.02, but I'd be interested in a good thread to understand the strong and weak points of the patches.

3. logoutzero

logoutzero Diabloii.Net Member

Here is a link that contains some good links, and info, but it's mostly LoD stuff. Not too much is posted (that I've found) about the pre-LoD stuff.

4. helvete

helvete Diabloii.Net Member

1.02 is when they added restrictions for the cow level, I believe.

@logoutzero I have the grim wand mania river of flame on my current map. Other items which seem to drop a lot are war staves, gauntlets and amulets.

5. Eriklop

Act 4 always droppes the same it seems. grims/warstaves/armor But t feels like when you rerun it you can gt maps with monsters that drop the same. But the quality is not always the same.

Ps if you guys are in NM and need an item bad you can do the river of flame poon trick for cash. Thats the way i gambled most of my stuff. Its really boring though. So maybe its better to just play the game. But when you get 2 poonz from your wp in river and for instance another poon from city of the damned. You can get as much as 6 million an hour. Depending on what your looking for im sure its one of the best ways to get rares. When you want that soj make a lvl 5 mulegame drop the gold and let him buy the stuff. he will get like 6 rings per gamble because he doesnt spawn all items yet. And soj is no lvl req.
    ( you can rush the mule for easy cows portal gambling to make it even faster?

Ps/ps. tip for act4. Always look for the magic wands in act 4 from jamala. She sells wyrms wandsof the magnus. 60mana / 20fcr. Arguably better then shard because the dex req= vita/energy lost for a twinked char.

Last edited: Feb 28, 2016
  6. helvete

SoJ has no lvl req, but you're telling me it has no qlvl either? It can actually be gambled at lvl 1?

I noticed the game takes forever to delete items on the ground, but I haven't checked if that applies to gold.

What's a poon?

7. Eriklop

I am sure ive read that sojs can be bought by mules. lvl 5 so you can pickup 50k.

poonz =abbriviation of harpoons. (lld thing i picked up i guess)

Harpoons drop from corpses near waypoint river of flame. they dont need to be repaired and are 20k plus each. so its super quick cash. And if you have ariver with a shrine you can get the skulls to perf while doing it.

o and i have not yet have anything disappear. gold or items for that matter.

8. logoutzero

I can verify there is no qlvl needed to support gambling unique/set quality items. If the base item shows up in the window, you can gamble it. You can refresh the window with a level 5 so he has enough gold do buy the rings, or what I've done is reset it with a level 1. You get more rings (but not by much) you just have to load the stash with gold to buy 1 ring at a time. A little more tedious, but it seems more rings per unit of time, at least empirically.

I doubt a 1.00 thread would be worth much. There isn't much point to playing this patch other than gambling some fast SoJ rings, and some nifty rare boots/belts/dual leech rings. The main reason to play this patch is because it's broken in so many ways. At least to me, the biggest reason to time travel is for loot that doesn't exist in the current patch, so I play 1.00 for 1 reason: raw WW.

9. helvete

Yeah, the loot got me here as well. Doesn't seem to require a lot to gamble some sic boots and sashes.

Do the rares keep their req lvl when forwarded to later patches?

10. logoutzero

I haven't tried forwarding, but I seem to remember reading that they will, and can even change some stats. I do know the best way is to forward to 1.07 classic, then convert to LoD (by use of a mule) and finally forward to 1.xxy.

I keep deeding my barbs, so I never get far enough to find anything juicy enough to forward. ^^

Anyone been horking? I haven't tried it, wondering what kind of stuff drops.

11. Eriklop

So i have now a total of 11 characters that have completed the game. Im struggling in p8 act 4 a bit. Best working seems to be the necromancer but im still a bit insure about skill allocation. The real clue to p8 nec playing is to get the first corpse as quickly as possible. (ce recks all) My lvl 16 bonespirit is not doing enough dmg. I will max iron maiden and go for revives. But will have to get alot of levels still im just 53 atm, I also discovered that the paladin with thorns and convert is great in p8. I just wanted to try it and walked out in river of flame hell with nothing on and started hitting a few monsters. pfew 1000 dmg returned and 50% chance to convert for 160 wec at lvl 10 or so is really really good.

Im still unsure aboout whirlwind. I have trouble getting enough life leeched back. But he's also only 53 atm so maybe i need more iife/ar dmg. leveling is hard in classic. But when i reached maggot lair hell at lvl 33 i gained xp rather quickly.
    I still find it strange that when your unpartied and kill stuff you gain xp like 5x as fast on that player. It seems like the xp is really divided by all characters. So if you goal is to get just one character to say 75 you can best get 7 mules in game not party and you xp much faster.

12. helvete

Horking has yielded me nothing of importance, but it has given me some stuff which was worthwhile selling.

I need a cow king which drops jewelry from his "first pick" if I may call it that. Desperately need rares and uniques to fill those slots.

13. logoutzero

Gamble gamble gamble helvete!

I've only ever seen junk from a hork, have you seen magic+ quality?

14. helvete

All unique rings gambled, the party is now in act 4 hell 2nd WP, and I'm concidering a new game to kill diablo for the off chance he drops a ring. Barb is doing almost all the work after he got lvl 30 (achieved by killing his way to 25, then leeching in NM canyon of magi) but before that happened, the sorc hit lvl 40.

A few more observations:
    - Maggot xp isn't so great, but since it keeps you from actually doing anything on the leechers, it's the best xp/time and definitely the most comfortable xp.
    - If you want to talk to Cain in act 4 town, haven't done the soulstone yet, and don't want to carry one around, you'll end up with a LOT of soulstones on the ground around him
    - Cube will eat anything extra added when a complete recipe is cubed (such as 3 topaz + unique pike = flawless topaz)
    - 1.10+ LoD players are very very spoiled when it comes to repairing weapons
    - Items and even gold stays on the ground for a very long time, possibly forever
    - BC/BO/shout has laughable durations, and BO has harsh diminishing returns
    - Iceblink totally rocks for WW barbs as long as you don't use find item. When I have the Eye of Etlich, I'll check if cold length adds to freeze duration or if that was just a rumor

15. Eriklop

@helvete

Maggot lair is really good for characters with good aoe.

yesterday i rushed a necromancer. i want to try a oldschool arty nec. One day 70 lvls. what i did was:

get sorc rusher. make mules only let 1 char get xp. grind to lvl 10 act 1, then maggot lair with ce at lvl 1 (no dmg to coldworm just maggots) Then straight to hell maggots. You get like 30 lvls in 1,5 hours. then 2 hours for the rest. At this point i put points in ce and just remake game because the xp is silly and the boss has really high health. I makeportal with sorc, then get in with nec. make bloodgolem cast im to leech life. Then watch xp bar for egg pops when it stops cast 1 or 2 CE on maggots corpse. watch 100 maggot die. Rinse and repeat.

Testing max bonespirit / ce lower res. The necromancer is by far the best p8 killer in game. I need a build that can herd well in chaos and do a quick first kill before chain ce. The only real guides on the internet are 1.03 and above. And are about teamplay p8. I found out that a nec has a great time but my god its hard to get the first kill. Im going to test atract aswell. its great. Also going to make a revives build. The mana req is really high on nec. So i need alot of energy pump. still because the nec has so much crowd control it should not be a problem if your skilled. ( have to work on that)

My sorc is now 64. Idared to go no static energy shield 10 vita. I have her at 64 now. she's super quick at p 1 hell chaos. maybe the fastest character in game to clear chaos. As i suspected no need for static at 20. Orb with high mana + high fcr is quicker and saver because it stuns the oblivion night. Im at 30 orbs per 13 seconds. She's really a glasscannon but with practise you can keep her alive easy. Its lots of fun ill tell you.

My firewall sorc can kill at p8 and rushes in hell. stacked firewallls = millions of dmg. I want to try a few points in orb. Orb has nice slow lenght and is crowd control. Thats really lacking atm.

I dont have iceblink heard cool stories about it. hope to find me one. Also still looking for rattle cage. seems these are hard to find. Also rare are unique nec wands yew wand being rarest i think.

update, for funsake i tried my lvl 6 nec in hell. You get from 6-25 in under 40 minutes. From then its even quicker xp. At lvl 6 just get clay golem and unparty and you can do p8 hell maggot farming. Im still toying around with the arty nec. Dont know whats the best setup yet. Atract seemed good but is unreliable with the cows for some reason. I need to get the golem up and throw in enough bonespirits for that so important first kill to then get chain ce off. Bone wall is nice but takes practise. maybe ill try bone prison.

Last edited: Mar 4, 2016
  16. Eriklop

So at 74 the maggots fail to give good xp. river chaos runs are the only option is suspect a long road to 86.

I have a weird bug. upon a death while lvling up i sorta bugged the xp bar. When the bar is full and the ding should occur i dont get the lvl. I have to get another portion then at a certain point i get the lvl up and the xp is at 0 again. weird stuff.

Attached Files:

17. Eriklop

Well, ive gotten to 84. The xp bar bug seems to have been patched in 1.04. So its normal to hit 75 and have this happen. From 83 and up the xp is pretty low. Diablo still gives decent xp. But it will take some time to get to 86 to start gambling them +2 skiller amu's. Ive imbue'd a few wands. this was my best so far. Not great but nice to have mana and fcr and some res on a no atri req weap.

Are you guys still 1.00ing? hows it going with you guys any sojs yet?

Attached Files:

18. helvete

Gambled a SoJ, currently in low 40's with both barb and sorc, leveling in NM river of flames. Chaos is very tricky, but can be done with my current gear. It just takes a lot of micro and pulling enemies.

Few observations:
    - Any portal can be used by anyone, partied or not, and I believe the quest restrictions were added as late as 1.10 so there's that.
    - Unpartied mules does not get quest reward. Partied mules need to be in the correct act. I believe this to be the same as later patches.
    - MSLE monsters hurt a lot, just like in 1.07-1.09d
    - class +skill items have a lot lower value than in later patches, but some sets/uniques are worth much more. Like Death's sash cashing in over 10k

19. Eriklop

Nice, soj still takes around 1,4 million i think to gamble when you have manald and nagel ofcourse. I found nm chaos very hardwith soso. Necromancer can walk it at lvl 6 though^^

im almost 86 but i read that the chance that the amu will be the ilvl to get +2 is 10% for e very rare that you get. Thats some sad odds. every lvl gives you another 10%. At 95 its 100%. I will never get to 95 though^^

20. helvete

100% at lvl 95 refers to all amulets gamblet being at least ilvl 90 which at least in later patches is the required affix level (amulets are qlvl 1) for +2 skills on amulets (and circlets, but that's LoD). That 100% ilvl 90+ can still give you rare amulets with +1 light radius, damage taken goes to mana and some egergy. However, if your way of reaching high levels include killing diablo, he might drop such amulets directly.

We also need to check what ilvl the cube output is for rare amulets.