Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

1.00 fcr breakpoints.

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by Eriklop, Feb 13, 2016.

1. Eriklop

Eriklop IncGamers Member

Hi all, im deep into classics first patch and im having fun. I was toying with my fcr setups and finaly gambled the last fcr item to get 105fcr. But the speed is insane, in talking 200fcr lod but maybe even the 600fcr breakpoint can anyone give me some idea on how this is possible. it takes 2 seconds to empty my mana with my orbs. Im not in control with teleport. I really love it haha, ill maybe make a energy shield orbster for then i could spam for 4 seconds^^

Is energy shield good in this patch?

Last edited: Feb 13, 2016
  2. Gynli

Gynli IncGamers Member

I'm not too sure about the teleport, but i do know that orb/firewall/hydra got their recast timers added in the later versions. Afaik, you could literally lag ppl out of the game by spamming firewall in Chaos Sanctuary. =D

3. scrcrw

scrcrw IncGamers Member

These are the cast points in 1.00 - 1.06b. You can't actually cast faster than in the later versions, but spells like FO and Hydra obviously have no cooldown. This thread has a bunch more info on these patches.

4. helvete

helvete IncGamers Member

I can find no info about release version, but quite a lot about 1.06b in that thread. IIRC, WW was nerfed several times during the early patches, and gambling chances changed as well. Something about bows and 2H maces having wrong damage and lances not dropping, and bone walls dropping loot when expiring...

I do want some +str tri-49% resist boots though, so I'll visit classic 1.00 sometime in the future. Still have my 1.13d grail to complete though.

5. Jcakes

Jcakes IncGamers Member

WW was insane in 1.00. It attacks 25 times per second independent of attack speed. I king'd a barb just using a rare pike.

logoutzero likes this.
  6. helvete

helvete IncGamers Member

A lot of items couldn't drop, a lot of cube recipes weren't there, monster levels had nothing to do with area levels, I have no idea what level the different affixes were; a lot of them had greater magnitudes too (like up to 49 on single resist, some sick mana leech on weapons, strength on boots, better MF on rare amulets.....

I'd love to dig into this patch, or maybe 1.06b if the items and gambling chances have had no changes since 1.00

Even more, I'd love to read up on it a bit first, but 1.00 info is very scarce. I think I have some strategy guide which came with the disks somewhere, but IIRC it had a lot of incorrect info in it out of the box.

7. Eriklop

Eriklop IncGamers Member

hi all, there is alot of strange stuff going about. For instance i noticed that bodies in kurast and the popables in act 4 work alot like racks. always droping the same. Stranger is the fact that its always the same types of items war gauntlets war belts in lower kurast. Its always superior or magic / rare unique / set.

For gambling i try to get a map with 2 places that spawn harpoons. They are always superior. so very nice money and you can fit 10 a run in your stash. I get 4 million per hour this way. Stranger still the popables differ a little in location each game and so does there stats. But there are only a few types of them. So you always get the same harpoons. So if your lucky you get alot of 25000 gold poonz and little 7000 gold poonz.

Also i noticed the cowking drops only the two highest tiers of items so they are least hard to get. And he also drop the same alot. so when i saw a rare ring drop in one of my cows an hour after this i had my first soj. Getting 3 uniques really quickly.

Here are ome of my drops,

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 17, 2016
  8. helvete

helvete IncGamers Member

Have you tested if the socket recipe works? Should be rare+soj+x pskull if it wasn't added in some patch.

9. Eriklop

Eriklop IncGamers Member

Helvete, i have not yet tried it. i have only 2 atm. when i find another ill try for sure. Are you tempted to play 1.00? If so i can giv some tips. Im currently trying a full energy sorc, if she works out it would be alot more playable. Even with frosts sojs and good + mana gear and half points in energy its to little mana for orb madness. Ill update when she's at lvl 50 or so with energy shield and orb. would be cool 200fcr breakpoint orbs.

10. Jcakes

Jcakes IncGamers Member

my memories from 1.00 (played a fair bit with logoutzero)

barb - ww is insane. I recommend having points in find potion early for your full juvs
    necro - great in /p8 games (CE scales with players) + IM / blood golem is pretty powerful. Bone farming is lol
    Sorc - no timer on spells therefore firewall was pretty damn good
    Paladin - thorns + conversion, but be careful when they convert back as they still have thorns on them. Zeal has no limit on the number of attacks, but it is bad because if the first attack misses all miss. Hammerdin also works ok
    Amazon - weakest of the lot from memory, but lightning fury is funny.

11. helvete

helvete IncGamers Member

Were items changed in any way (except allowing for lances etc to drop) from 1.00 to 1.06b? I don't quite trust the patch notes...

EDIT: I can't find the version switch thingy which supports 1.00 anymore =(

Last edited: Feb 21, 2016
  12. Jcakes

Jcakes IncGamers Member

I believe mauls are bugged and only do 1 damage.

13. helvete

helvete IncGamers Member

Well, with 6 TB total HD I figured I could afford to do a separate install. lvl 13 barb now, and progress is decent. Constantly low on gold though, and maggot lair is next. A few observations:
    - 3 small rejuvs does not make one large in the cube
    - mdr is a prefix, at least for shields
    - gems have some randomness to them upon socketing
    - some unique monsters have names I cannot recall having seen?
    - "of puncturing" weapons, I had forgotten those completely
    - no shift-click potions to belt, no ctrl-click to sell, which was a pain the first hour
    - monsters appear to detect me from further away than I'm used to, probably due to the resolution.

14. Jcakes

Jcakes IncGamers Member

Just wait until you fight de seis for weird stuff.

15. Eriklop

Eriklop IncGamers Member

cool, that your getting into 1.00, for untwinked playing sorc is really better. whirlwind is really not that all powerfull untwinked. Im having difficulty getting mana leach/ ar enough with a decked out character. my barb is now leeching experience in maggot lair Hell at level 44. 13-30 will take forever.

untwinked leveling guide^^

So, with the sorc you get to 12, get a staff of fireball, 3 fireball costs 30k and is available at akara. 1 fireball is good enough.
    get to maggots asap. get you other toon into maggot lair. for xp leech get him to be as far away as possible. kill the monsters that are surounding the liar.

The trick with the maggots. coldworm makes sandworms that in turn makes maggots. There are alot of sandworms that make the eggs, when the eggs pop you get experience. . So what i do is i get my character to die in the small gateway to for a bottleneck. If you do it right the maggots cant get near you. they get stuck. When using blizzard ( in Nightmare/hell) its easiest. For norm i just spam fireball untill mana empty ( few seconds ) then run to town and repeat. I dont know untill what level its good but i would suggest getting to 20 or so. See what kills fastest per hour. maybe use static and fireball to make it more effective. The running to town makes triggers the eggs to pop and lets the sandworms lay eggs. So even when you dont have to in hell becouse you have enough mana you got to get in and out. It can run out of maggots quickly when you have blizzard so when i get back in a check the xp bar and see if the eggs pop before spamming blizzard.

Anyway, at 18 get glacialspike its really nice. 80k get you a 3glacial from act2. with this get to act 4. And hope to god you get maggots in river of flame. Then clear all non sandworm enemies and use glacial to clear only maggots. its hard to set up a good act 4 but when you do its very nice experience. Get to 24 and get blizzard. With blzzard you can probably kill diablo. Its up to you if you want to get to 3x with chaos runs or just stay on a good maggot.

When you dont get a good sandworrm spawn you can do a lan game to reset your map.

with a twinked char chaos nm is nice experience and less boring with nicer rare drops ( 12.5% from bosses ) Hell maggots can get you all the way to 60. I did around 4 levels per hour on a good maggot lair. Its slow down ofcourse. Ill have to still test maggots at act 4

Ps, be carefull when you want to get the maggots stuck if you have a corpse and die with an item on you character it will pop. if you cant get close your items are gonne. And be carfull you dont run out of tps always have a single tp not hotkeyed.

ps/ps when your 30 and orb, just run cows untill you get all the items that you need. Gamble night smoke right away it is most important this will make nightmare maggots easy when out of mana just let the maggots hit u untlill full again. easiest gamble to get is the set cap that give [email protected] and 20 dtm.

The cowking is the best mf target for all high tier uniques. But alot wont drop. Get frostburns, sojs, and rares from him. Gamble for shard/twitchroe/magefists. Get a 3d shield asap. best combo in game is twitch/3d tower shield.
    YOu will notice the same drop variations from the cow king. so when you get what you want switch the cowking up so you can find the others. if he drops rare masks keep the unique mask in stash so he doest drop it anymore, That way you get more rare mask.

I would probably go with alot of energy on your first character. I have an all energy sorc at lvl 48 its really nice with good +life items from gear. Maybe untwinked its better to go with a few points into vita. I made a static orber but i really think for soloing untwinked full blizzard is alot better. Maybe even twinked. i would not put more then 10 into cold mastery. Its not as effictive as in lod. static/orb energyshield/warmth. Leveling is harder so be carefull hoow you plan skills/ stats.

wall of text, from a dyslectic guy. hope some of it makes sence.

maxicek likes this.
  16. Jcakes

Jcakes IncGamers Member

I disagree. I played a barb first (in HC) and it was relatively easier. I had no problem with mana so long as you do the following things
    1. DO NOT pump whirlwind. 1 point is more than enough, extra points increase mana cost too much. Better off spending those points in your mastery.
    2. Have one source of mana leach
    3. Do "long" whirlwinds.

other general advice
    1. I'd recommend multi-instancing (i.e running players 8). You should be able to find a modified dll for this (or just modify it yourself). If you really need I probably have one available.
    2. Bezerk is not an iron maiden solution (you still do physical damage).
    3. Leap Attack is an iron maiden solution (it counts as ranged damage as long as you start from a distance). I typically leap attack the OKs. then lure the trash and whirlwind them. Dangerous in hardcore though and I only did the CS once for my barb.
    4. Body Armor sells for a lot. Always pick up the plate type armor (this was my way of farming gold for sojs).

17. Eriklop

Eriklop IncGamers Member

Im certainly not an expert on babas in 1.00. Still i think getting to 30 is much slower on a baba in sc. because you have no aoe skill. ( for maggots ) But when 30 it should feel alot better when you have your tips at hand. do you have that dll for me. I would love to try p8^^

Also what weapons did you use on the baba. Is one handed nice?

18. helvete

helvete IncGamers Member

lvl 19 now, and realised I had to get mules in there, so I set up fast user switching and self-LAN myself. I can't take on p8 stuff very well yet, so I'm at p5, rushing the mules as I go. Did a few Arcane Sanctuary runs on p1, that was decent exp and manageable monsters, and now at p5 I expect the superchests to drop better. I also get more drops, and thus more mana pots to use find item more.

I currently use the horadric staff as a weapon. +50% damage to undead is not listed on the item, but I suspect it's there anyway. Hope to get something better soon, as I'll be questing further when the exp drops off.

Gambled blinkbat's form, first unique. Also tancred boots and death's sash, but I don't use those, since rares are already pretty awesome. I've had no luck with the 3-1 amu/ring recipes, but as they don't sell for much I might as well keep trying.

EDIT: No way I can handle act 2 normal with 4 mules in the game. Bedtime =)

Last edited: Feb 22, 2016
  19. Jcakes

Jcakes IncGamers Member

Rare partizan. You want the highest damage weapon possible. I also found the range of a polearm important.

One handers are bad, as weapon speed does nothing for ww.

20. helvete

helvete IncGamers Member

How do screenshots work in 1.00?

I realized I had to level the sorc. Damn it's easy going with cold blast and high lvl static. When she gets glacial spike, I'll clear the way to Duriel, but not before. Barbs weapon is pathetic at 5 players, so he's parked ingame for the time being.