0-76,000 mph in 1 second

wow, thats a pretty nice acceleration. :thumbsup:
Still, its top speed isnt that impressive. scientists can chuck particles at nearly the speed of light now, although this is much bigger, so i guess you gotta give them some credit. Travelling 50 times faster than a bullet, even neo couldnt dodge that 1.

KnightFall

Diabloii.Net Member
Wicked! When can I buy me a Z-Gun then?

*Shoots everyone in milliseconds*

*Votes not to go to Jupiter too*

KnightFall

xOSERx

Diabloii.Net Member
Accelerating particles and accelerating entire (tiny) plates are two very different ballgames...I would imagine....I actually have no idea, except that this is a pretty cool article.

Crispyknight

Diabloii.Net Member
Essentially, its a rail gun. Now do it with a half-ton penetrator and you'll _really_ get my attention.

Seriously, I didn't see a size on the gun, or power consumption. If it's small enough and low power enough, another large step toward a practical rail gun (thats not four stories tall!) has been taken. Very cool.

Crispyknight said:
Essentially, its a rail gun. Now do it with a half-ton penetrator and you'll _really_ get my attention.

Seriously, I didn't see a size on the gun, or power consumption. If it's small enough and low power enough, another large step toward a practical rail gun (thats not four stories tall!) has been taken. Very cool.
The only real thing keeping us from having effective railguns(such as a deer rifle) is shielding. A guy on TechTV(before it merged and became stupid) had a bunch of freaky little weapons he makes in his barn. He had a rail gun that shot huge washers(the things that go on screws/bolts) and it we a few hundred feet into the air.

He also had an "energy pulsator" that blew up a watermelon from about 25 yards. He said the more matter it hits the stronger it is.

theBlackKnight

Diabloii.Net Member
{KOW}Spazed said:
The only real thing keeping us from having effective railguns(such as a deer rifle) is shielding. A guy on TechTV(before it merged and became stupid) had a bunch of freaky little weapons he makes in his barn. He had a rail gun that shot huge washers(the things that go on screws/bolts) and it we a few hundred feet into the air.

He also had an "energy pulsator" that blew up a watermelon from about 25 yards. He said the more matter it hits the stronger it is.

Death ray! Damn your stupidity!!!! ( not you Kow ) Call it a death ray!!! *shakes evil genious fist*