Bug “IP Banned” Errors

maxicek

Moderator Single Player
I have had several PM reports of this error and also experienced it myself. Generally it goes away after an hour or two.

I have posted in the mod forum, but we have no root cause identified/ solution. It is obviously linked to anti spam somehow though.

If you want to post occurances below*, feel free, it may help gauge how common it is - not guaranteeing anything though :)

In the meantime please be patient.

yes I know, once you get access back. If I don’t write it someone is bound to write it

Arneb

Diabloii.Net Member
It happened to me several times in the last month (I almost always connect from my phone). Sometimes it shows after a random length of time spent on the board.
What I noticed is that, not always but more than once, switching wi-fi from on to off or viceversa seemed to bypass the "ban".

krischan

Europe Trade Moderator
If it happens again, please let us know which IP address you have at that time. It's shown in the "Your IPv4 is" line when visiting https://www.whatismyip.com, for example. Please also let us know when it happened.

I suggest to send it via PM (aka private conversation), as it might not be a good idea to post it in a public thread.

Last edited:

T72on1

Diabloii.Net Member
I have gotten a big increase in IP bans. As a matter of fact, it now (almost) always happen when I try to log in in incognito mode in Google Chrome.

ioupainmax

Diabloii.Net Member
I've just had an IP address ban on my computer using my normal browser (Firefox) which hasn't happened before. I'm on my VPN right now.