μῡρῐ́ος • Mūríos Project - the pursuit of 10K

ioupainmax

Diabloii.Net Member
Good point, modified header to show Guardians as well.

Mūríos Project
Code:
Name:                    HC/SC:   Versions:               Mats/Pats/Guards:   Levels:   Start Date:
----------------------   ------   ---------------------   -----------------   -------   -----------
TheNix                   Both     1.07 - 1.13             67                  5633      2002-08-23
Drystan                  HC       1.13/1.14               49+                 3907      2006
ioupainmax               SC       1.14d                   26                  2241      2007-06-21
DiabloTwoinDC            SC       1.07, 1.13              22                  1762      2013-05-19
Luckily, I had all my character summaries in a spreadsheet so it was a simple case of summing a column when @DiabloTwoinDC created the thread.

Drystan

Diabloii.Net Member
Sixty-seven! What is your most played class, and do you have a full sept-sept yet, or still need a couple of a certain class? I've got between 6-8 of each class, and only need one more Amazon and one more Assassin to have a full sept sept.
Almost all of my chars have completed Hell; I can't stand to leave something unfinished in FAM D2.

I have a .txt that has all my character details, even though I keep my finished chars in a different folder.

drmalawi

Diabloii.Net Member
In Sweden we have an expression called "the 10 000 meters club".

It means that you've had a "cosy time" with a "friend" on an airplane toilet :D

Ontopic: SICK challenge! :D

DiabloTwoinDC

Diabloii.Net Member
Cool!

Can we count at least +90 lvl Champions? One 99 lvl Champion? :p

I'll be joining anyway.
Lvl 99 Champion? :p. How about counting only lvl 99 characters? You'd only need 101 characters for 9,999 levels. You get the last level for free if you take the easy way out. :rolleyes:

ioupainmax

Diabloii.Net Member
Luckily? Are you implying that some D2 players do NOT keep a spreadsheet? That hurts to even think such a thing. :eek:
That is exactly what I'm implying. I've actually been adding more metadata (primarily Secondary Theme information) to my existing spreadsheet that had the following:
  1. Class
  2. Character Name
  3. Primary Theme (Usually where I got my inspiration from for the name and skills/items the character is going to use). E.g. A collection of characters from a specific book series.
  4. Secondary Theme (Often characters fulfill two different elements, like they might be part of my 'Staff only' duo and based on a book)
  5. Build
  6. Title (Slayer/Champion/Matriarch/Patriarch)
  7. Level
  8. Current Location / Activity (i.e. position in quest or running target)
  9. Hellforge (Normal, Nightmare, Hell)
  10. Skill 1 - 16 key mapping/binding
I have a routine for all key mapping so that if there is any danger (or just routine playing) I instinctively tap the correct key due to muscle memory. Each character class has reserved keys for one point wonders or broadly used skills, so for all my Sorceresses: Teleport, Static Field and Telekinesis are always the same 3 keys, no matter what build. The same applies to Barbarian Warcries, Paladin Holy Shield/Cleansing/Redemption, Amazon Decoy/Valkyrie, Assassin Fade/Shadow Master etc.

There are a few exceptions. When I have oSkills like Enigma on my Paladin, it matches the Sorceress key bind for Teleport and takes the place of where Redemption usually goes. Trang-Oul's Necromancers are a special case, they need a lot of hotkeying.

Since I have so many characters on the go, I've written individualised build plans (in Word) that remind me of goals in terms of Stats/Skills/Gear.

Unfortunately, I haven't got screenshots of every Hellforge drop for my earliest/oldest characters (2007 - 2012) unless they were Pul+. But I've been making sure to get screenshots for the last 5-ish years.

I still have several hundred (thousand?) screenshots to rename but they are organised in folders for the most part so I know who/what they relate to. I've got a handy bit of software call 'Bulk Rename Utility' that makes things a lot easier as you can use regular expressions and specify prefix/suffix/mid. I had been meaning to organise all my screenshots for years, but kept putting it off until Christmas 2017, where I found this software which made things a lot quicker.

And, nice work on the table @ioupainmax. You are very good at fixing those up. ;)
Thanks! I use Notepad++ which has a lot of useful features to manipulate text, which make things easier. It has a handy comparison tool so that I can compare 2 tables and spot differences.

DiabloTwoinDC

Diabloii.Net Member
Unfortunately, I haven't got screenshots of every Hellforge drop for my earliest/oldest characters (2007 - 2012) unless they were Pul+. But I've been making sure to get screenshots for the last 5-ish years.
Yea, I keep a column for NM and Hell HF drops. No skill key-bindings, but I do have 5 columns for Skill point allocation.

Secondary Theme (Often characters fulfill two different elements, like they might be part of my 'Staff only' duo and based on a book)
I've never done a Secondary Theme before. But, all my characters have a Name Theme, so 1 column for Name, plus 1 for translation. Then a third column for Theme/Sept.

Current Location / Activity (i.e. position in quest or running target)
That one sounds like a headache to keep updated.. :eek: I have a "Use" column, if they have a specific target they usually run. Just in case someone has 5 different Blizz-Sorc..

ioupainmax

Diabloii.Net Member
...but I do have 5 columns for Skill point allocation...
I keep that info in my Build Plan: a more detailed Word document with Stats/Skills/Gear/Story elements.

...That one sounds like a headache to keep updated... :eek:
It's one of the columns I'm working on. Most characters are parked for a long time. A handful are running targets and then 2 or 3 are being actively played in terms of questing.

I find this useful so that when I pick up a parked character, I know which difficulty to select - particularly for Baal runners who are Slayers but not ready to move to NM.

DiabloTwoinDC

Diabloii.Net Member
Hmm.. dunno where the screenshots went, but finished off 2 of my Normal Set characters today:
Code:
Name:               Class:              Build:              Level:
Milabrega           Pala                Hammerdin           78
Tancred             Necro               Poisonmancer        79

Drystan

Diabloii.Net Member
Cleglaw's Paladin is a great Set. That's the only one I've tried, and would try... :D 'Grats on going through with Tancred's (among others)!

DiabloTwoinDC

Diabloii.Net Member
@DiabloTwoinDC Tell us more about your experiences using normal sets, how did you not pull out your hair and end up in a padded room with such crap gear?
Haha. Those were the first characters I played after my reset. That was my first mistake.

There was only 1-2 that were really bad. I obviously didn't go physical-melee builds with the OP weapons available:
Amazon - Javazon (Sigon's), Frost Maiden (Arctic), and Vidala's (Immo)
Assassin - Cathan's (Trapper),
Barbarian - Singer (Berserker's), Frenzy (Death's) = second mistake
Druid - Rabies/Geddon (Cleglaw), Windy (Civerb)
Necromancer - Fishymancer (Infernal), Poison Necro (Tancred)
Paladin - Teslafroster (Isenhart), Hammerdin (Milabrega)
Sorceress - MeteOrb (Angelic), Blizz-Baller (Arcanna)
I still have Iratha and Hsarus remaining. One needing to be an Assassin, and the last one viewer's choice.

And, most of them, I only played to HF on Hell difficulty. Just wanted to get some runes going. Now, I'm going back to them since I've got some better gear to help them finish off A5. (and get those levels counted.) ;)

drmalawi

Diabloii.Net Member
I've spent to whole day today and yesterday creating new chars. I have now about 2000 lvl 1 heroes :D I'll be done with the challenge next weekend! :D

(nah not really, but some restriction should be needed on how those 10k total lvls should /should not be attained :D )

DiabloTwoinDC

Diabloii.Net Member
I've spent to whole day today and yesterday creating new chars. I have now about 2000 lvl 1 heroes :D I'll be done with the challenge next weekend! :D

(nah not really, but some restriction should be needed on how those 10k total lvls should /should not be attained :D )
Yea, only characters that have beaten Hell get their levels counted. Sorry to burst your bubble. ;)