Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Ãœber Diablo, why?

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by TheSpeaker, Apr 16, 2005.

1. TheSpeaker

TheSpeaker IncGamers Member

Ãœber Diablo, why?

Well, I was doing some Countess runs when some soj's were sold. I was so happy... I bought pots, revived my merc, and went to Corpsfire since I knew he was going to be über diablo...

But when I got there (The Den of Evil wasn't Den of Evil, but The Cave lvl1.. It was on hell) Corpsfire was still corpsfire... Moments after I found him, the game went Out Of Sync (connection interrupted). How did this happen?

Note that I used my Holy Freeze aura when I took notice of him.

2. SeDnA

SeDnA IncGamers Member

Did you see the message: "Diablo walks the earth" ? Did the ground shake?

A number(100?) of Stones of Jordan have to be sold before Uber Diablo is spawned. When he spawns, the game would tell you by showing a message: "Diablo Walks The Earth."

3. Myrakh-2

Myrakh-2 IncGamers Member

Did you get the "Diablo walks the earth" message with the screen shaking and the sky going black?

Just selling SOJs doesn't mean he'll spawn; he'll spawn after a certain number of SOJs hae been sold, which is then indicated by the things I just mentioned.

Other than that, if that was a public game and he DID spawn, then someone might have been faster and spawned him elsewhere.

4. LorveN

LorveN D3 Off Topic Moderator

About that Den of Evil//Cave thing.
    When you do the first quest in act one, you kill all evil creatures in the den, and therefore it cant be evil anymore. Its simply renamed when you complete the quest :)

5. TheSpeaker

Ah, thanks guys, you've been a great help. :)

6. MrDoc

MrDoc IncGamers Member

IIRC, you have to sell a certain number of SOJs on a particular server for didi to spawn.
    -Minimum is 75 SOJs, maximum 125 (anyone can confirm this?)
    -That number is calculated from the last time didi spawned.
    -You can sell SOJs on that server in any difficulty mode, ladder or non ladder, it doesn't matter for didi. (non ladder SOJ are much cheaper ;) )
    -Didi spawns only in hell mode.

-Chose a place to spawn him, e.g. Den or Stony Field, but DO NOT go there before he spawned ... wait to see the "Diablo walks the earth" message ... only then you can go kick his butt.

7. TheSpeaker

lmao, I have to sell 75 soj's for him to spawn? haha..

Well, that happened to me... went to corpsfire before he started walking. :(

8. Orphan

Orphan IncGamers Member

Not you in particular, anyone can be selling SOJ's, but at least 75 must be sold all around for him to spawn.

9. leumas

leumas IncGamers Member

Who would be crazy enough to sell any soj?

10. Orphan

Orphan IncGamers Member

I suspect that most of the SOJ's sold are dupes. Still, I know of some people who have a good system to get SOJ's from NM Andy.

Oh, and what makes you think some people on bnet aren't crazy? Selling SOJ's is pretty tame to some of the ridiculous things that some people do or fall for on bnet :)

11. Myrakh-2

Myrakh-2 IncGamers Member

Not *you*, although sometimes people DO spawn him in a single SOJ-mass-selling ("private world event"): they decide on a server that they are going to "pop", sell that information to other players, and when the time comes... SOJ selling time.

There is a min/max range of SOJs that need to be sold after the previous world event to create a new world event; the exact number is random.
    The 75-125 range is the one I remember, too, but it might be off a bit --- I don't even have a SOJ, I wouldn't sell one, so I have to rely on others to do the selling anyway.

You don't have to sell the SOJs at all to get a dclone: a "world event" happens in *all* hell games on a server, not just the one game where the last (aka triggering) SOJ has been sold. That's also why you get the "xxxx SOJs have been sold" messages even though you didn't sell any: somebody else on THAT server has sold one (or more).

These things are per-server, which can confuse people as nothing else in the game even hints at the fact that there are multiple servers. You can get a "3456 SOJs sold" message and your friends don't because they are on a different server, and somebody else could get a "1234 SOJs sold message" later on because he's on a different server which has a different counter.

12. MrDoc

MrDoc IncGamers Member

Yes it happens on a particular server, serious annihilus hunters use a kind of communication system (e.g. IRC).
    They share the server ip in their channel.

They have different methods to determine the server ip. (the "legit" one is to use the cmd shell and "ipconfig /all" command, IIRC)

I want to add that soj sellers aren't that crazy, it's more like a team effort, different people sell their sojs on a particular server (in no-ladder), so it's like a mutual effort.

To create a hell game on that particular server, you need to create a lot of games most of the time ... you can't decide the ip. It's a matter of luck.
    So when you stumble accross that particular "hot" server, your game is precious, keep it ;)

P.S. annihilus hunting is the most boring/frustrating game ever imo, i gave up a long time ago ;)
    I was tired of waiting for other people to sell sojs, tired of bnet crashing my game etc ...

13. TheSpeaker

So if I understand correctly, when it says the soj's are sold to blah blah blah, you CAN'T get Uber Diablo?

14. Oddity

Oddity IncGamers Member

No. What that means is that if people continue to sell on that server, you will get Uber D.