Vote: Your Season Two Last Weekend Plans?

Time to turn over a new leaf.

Time to turn over a new leaf.

Season 2 (and Era 2) ends Sunday evening, about 48 hours from now, as I type this post. Patch 2.2 goes up Tuesday morning during the usual maintenance, and then Season Three starts Friday night.

That’s a lot of timelines, but the next two days are the big cut off, with the final leaderboards set in stone for all perpetuity. What are you guys planning to do with these last days of Season Two and Era Two? A last push for higher GRift standings? Last testing on the PTR for 2.2.0? Grinding EXP to meet your P500 (or whatever) goal? Playing something else or resting and waiting for the patch on Tuesday, or Season Three on Friday? Working some miserable RL thing because money? Watching college basketball and drinking beer?

So many options… Vote: Your Season Two Last Weekend Plans?

How will you spend the last weekend of Season 2?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

Season 2 will be ending at the following dates and times for each region:

• North America: Sunday, April 5 @ 9:00 p.m. PDT
  • Europe: Sunday, April 5 @ 9:00 p.m. CEST
  • Asia: Sunday, April 5 @ 9:00 p.m. KST
  • Season 3 will be starting shortly after at the following dates and times for each region:

• North America: Friday, April 10 @ 6:00 p.m. PDT
  • Europe: Friday, April 10 @ 6:00 p.m. CEST
  • Asia: Friday, April 10 @ 6:00 p.m. KST
  • I spent the last couple of weeks planning to do a last GRift push this weekend, and got up into GR44 earlier this week solo HC DH. (Which I think is pretty good, but somehow there are some “never got touched once the whole Grift or I’d be dead” GR50 clears already.) My mistake was joining Katniss’ Crusader and some others for a four player push, and then all of us rushing too fast through a GR45, allowing a random pack of Elites to come through a doorway behind us while we were in a long hallway all locked in on an Elite pack in front.

The end result was my DH and Katniss’ Crusader dying, and the Barb and WD running ahead past the next Elite and through a long uncleared hallway, but managing to escape. Which kind of ended my weekend of GRift pushing before it began, but did give me a chance to spend some time on the (still active) PTR for some last testing of the new DH stuff… and man I can’t wait for S3 to start.

The new set UE is very comparable to M6 in power (I did a GR39 with mediocre gear), Strafe/Nats is awesome fun and more powerful than people think (I easily did a GR34 with bad gear), and we’ll have a big article about all the new DH gear options before V2.2 goes live. (And similar coverage of the new Wizard stuff as well.)

Comments

You're not logged in. Register or login to post a comment.
    1. Just play my normal characters like always and 'prepare' for 2.2.

2. This season, I lost a DH after 65h, then yesterday noonish a Wiz after 46h, GemOfEased a WD to 70 and killed that one half naked on T6 standing in one of those A5 red pools just after the RG went down.

So I guess I'm done.

Cleared my stash, just have a Xepharian Amulett and a Star of Azkaranth, some potions, Lgems xept BotP (cos dead), marquises and imperials, … nothing worth mentioning at all.

But it was fun! Goodbye S2!

3. 7) Playing Non-seasonal.

4. I have a 5 day vacation starting today. Going to play with my non-seasonal hardcore brothers, maybe push the leaderboard since I finally found another Ancient BoP. Kinda going to be hard to move up any more from my #17 spot, but I will try. Lost my other crusader just a few weeks ago pushing a GR42, I was well on my way to beat it when I accidentally hit the windows key out of excitement and anxiety. I was able to get back in just in time to witness my death. I had made a pair of crusader twins for Season 1, they lasted this long. Met some awesome people still playing non season so thats a plus. Good luck to all!

5. Waiting to season three is what I’m doing. Two months is fine by me because that means blizzard will reveal new items and new mechanics in the game that much sooner keeping a game that involves repeating tasks, exciting. Keeping seasons 3+ months is just silly to do. If you’re playing like an hour every other day then I can understand people who want longer seasons but…It seems to me people who play that little *cough* dont matter. WHO SAID THAT?!

6. By "taking a break" I mean, logging in to:

– Toss lvl 1 gems and the vast majority of potions into the ground;
      – Salvage almost everything except great stuff (like ancient hexing pants with good rolls);
      – Sort my monk gear around, because I've got 3 pieces of SWK on seasonal monk, but the other sets are split between chars…
      – Try to organize my mules.

7. Was going to take a shot at the leader boards, currently sitting in something like 700th place on the solo DH softcore boards, with Grift 46 cleared. The problem is I loathe fishing for the right rifts/pylons/stonesinger. Not to mention I play mostly solo, so trying to farm Grift 47+ keys takes forever.

8. I already cleared out nearly all my seasonal stash and gear. So there is really nothing left to prove since I gave up on s2 shortly after PTR was released. I am saving my time for s3.

9. pushing hard to see if i can make a dent in the "Sever" exploiters positions on the leader-boards … been a grind and a half but, finally did my first level 57 grift today. It was a fail by about a minute so … looks like that ones' going to be tough for me. it's not like i have a whole stack of grift 57 keys lying around. And, it's trouble to get a decent group together long enough to trial.

But, found the last part of my monk build and I'm going to make a final push with him too tomorrow. We'll see how it goes … less than 24 hours left.

Comments are closed.