Boss battles are a big part of Diablo III, with special “locked room” type encounters for Act Bosses and other major bosses in each act, and bosses with abilities other monsters do not possess. It’s obvious that the developers put a lot of design time into crafting interesting and compelling special boss events… though we can certainly debate whether or not they succeeded.
So, which do you like best? There are literally hundreds of different purple-named Elite bosses, so feel free to comment if there’s some unusual or uncommon one you especially enjoy, but to keep the number of vote options reasonable, I just listed most of the major ones. You can pick one, or perhaps you enjoy random encounters more than boss fights, where you never know what you’re going to get in modifiers, though at least know you’re not going to have to click through some damn cinematic before you start the fight, and then restart it from scratch if you die playing solo.
Which is your favorite Diablo III Boss Battle?
- Belial (31%, 4,383 Votes)
- The Butcher (16%, 2,269 Votes)
- They all suck. Everything sucks. Hate hate hate. (14%, 2,008 Votes)
- Random Champion//Boss encounters are the best (13%, 1,847 Votes)
- Diablo (10%, 1,345 Votes)
- Azmodan (6%, 820 Votes)
- Leoric the Skeleton King (4%, 563 Votes)
- Zoltan Kulle (1%, 209 Votes)
- Cydaea the Spiderwhore (1%, 196 Votes)
- Siegebreaker (1%, 193 Votes)
- Some other Purple named Elite. (1%, 191 Votes)
- Magda the Butterfly Queen (1%, 82 Votes)
Total Voters: 14,106
Last Vote Results
The last main page vote asked your opinion of Diablo III’s storytelling. There were more than 50 comments in the thread, if you want to get more details on everyone’s opinion. I’m in agreement with the many players who said the tools were fine, but the story itself, as told through cinematics, cut scenes, and endless nagging Act Boss holographic appearances, was predictable and pretty lame.
Rate D3’s storytelling via plot, dialogue, cinematics, cut-scenes, lore books, etc…
2) Good job, but could have been better. (29%, 1,707 Votes) 4) Not very good. (22%, 1,311 Votes) 5) Awful. Dumb. FAIL. (19%, 1,131 Votes) 3) Meh. Not good or bad enough to notice. (14%, 855 Votes) 1) Very good story and presentation. (14%, 827 Votes) 6) No opinion/don’t care. (2%, 126 Votes)
Total Voters: 5,957
Another vote tucked into a news item asked if some of the Champion/Boss affixes needed to be nerfed. There was extensive debate in the comments on this one, and I agree with the majority that the mods are awesome, but that some of them need not to spawn with others. IMHO, it can be too nasty or annoying when you get multiple mods that do the same thing, such as Vortex, Teleporter, Waller, Jailer. I’ve never seen all four of those on the same monster, though I suppose it would be possible in Inferno. That actually wouldn’t be such a tough monster, certainly not for any melee character, but the point is that it’s annoying when a boss has multiple properties that keep you from being able to move. The most deadly seem to be those that keep you from moving while putting big damage under you, and many players seem to want those mods limited from appearing on the same boss.
I’m pleasantly surprised that only 16% say nerf them, given how much QQing I see, especially on the B.net forums, about Invulnerable Minions and a few other mods. Nice that most fans are up to the challenge and variety, and don’t just want things made easier.
Should Diablo 3 Elite Affixes be Nerfed?
2) Not nerfed, but some Mods should not spawn with others. (37%, 1,343 Votes) 1) No way. Leave them nasty and unpredictable.` (33%, 1,208 Votes) 4) Yes, some mods and combs are way too hard. (16%, 599 Votes) 3) Maybe a little, but only on Inferno. (11%, 386 Votes) 5) No opinion/not sure. (3%, 105 Votes)
Total Voters: 3,641
The last small vote in a news post asked about the Diablo III Banner system and if you’d been using it a lot, a little, or not at all. I’m in the “not at all” camp, and as usual per my opinions, that’s a minority view.
Do you customize your account Banner?
2) I play with it now and then, but don’t really care. (41%, 1,216 Votes) 3) Set it once, but never adjusted since. (30%, 896 Votes) 1) Yes, I tweak it constantly and value the appearance. (19%, 555 Votes) 4) Never even touched the thing. (10%, 280 Votes)
Total Voters: 2,947