Everyone’s seen votes to measure the popularity of the various classes in Diablo III. We’ve run them ourselves (though not for years) and we’ll run another one soon. For today though, I’m more curious about a related issue. How did you decide upon your favorite class, and how long have you stuck to that selection?
Some players seem to have had a favorite class in mind forever and they stick to it no matter what. Others are constantly seduced by one new shiny after another, or can’t make up their minds at all. Where do you fall on the scale? (You may also enjoy this forum vote that measures your favorite class before the beta, vs now.)
Do you have a favorite Diablo 3 class?
- 1) Yes. The same class since it was revealed. (52%, 2,260 Votes)
- 2) Yes, but I've switched favorites in the past. (22%, 965 Votes)
- 3) I don't have a favorite. Still undecided. (19%, 814 Votes)
- 4) Favorites are silly. I play whoever draws my mouse that day. (7%, 299 Votes)
Total Voters: 4,338
Last Vote Results
We had to close the last vote after just one day, since the announcement of the open beta weekend changed the rules of engagement. Nevertheless, we got enough votes for a fair representation of the community, and they certainly illustrated the need for an open beta weekend, with the largest group of fans still waiting for their chance at some beta time.
I am surprised at the 11% of you guys who said you’re going to wait for marriage, though I wonder if those will work like real life abstinence pledges, i.e. broken the first time a really good opportunity presents itself. (In other words, this weekend = drunken spring break party, with a higher than average chance of pregnancy, STDs, and lingering guilt?)
Related to this article
Have you played in the Diablo 3 Beta?
- 4) Nope. Still waiting. Want want WANT. (34%, 1,584 Votes)
- 1) Yes, my account was opted in by Blizzard. (27%, 1,229 Votes)
- 3) Sort of — I borrowed/rented access on someone else’s account. (16%, 752 Votes)
- 2) Yes, I won my account access through a contest. (12%, 540 Votes)
- 5) I don’t want. Saving myself for the full game. (11%, 502 Votes)
Total Voters: 4,608