Now that the Diablo III Beta’s end is in sight, I thought it would be interesting to take stock of how well you guys were served by it. (Not that serving fans was exactly the point of the beta.)
It seemed like forever before the beta started to scale up, with the first (and only?) big block of invites served out last week. Even that 275k, added to the previous invites, only scratches the surface of the demand, with more than 2m presales already in the books, and virtually all of those people eager for some beta testing. That point was certainly driven home by the brief flicker of hope this morning, when the D3 beta was briefly accessible to anyone who wanted to play.
I can’t help but note the irony that huge numbers of fans have spent months being disenfranchised by a wide variety of bugs that have prevented them from downloading, installing, launching, and/or logging into the beta. Those have been largely ignored by Blizzard, or dismissed with a “that’s fixed in release” excuses. Yet when a B.net bug allows eager fans to get in and start testing… it triggers the RED ALERT and requires them to shut down the entire beta for 12 hours, and counting.
Rambling intro aside, pick a vote option that expresses your level of access to the D3 beta, and we’ll see what the survey results are. The vote script doesn’t allow for multiple selections, so if more than one applies to you (i.e you borrowed or rented access months ago, and got your account added last week) pick the option that you feel is most appropriate.
Have you played in the Diablo 3 Beta?
- 4) Nope. Still waiting. Want want WANT. (34%, 1,586 Votes)
- 1) Yes, my account was opted in by Blizzard. (27%, 1,229 Votes)
- 3) Sort of -- I borrowed/rented access on someone else's account. (16%, 753 Votes)
- 2) Yes, I won my account access through a contest. (12%, 540 Votes)
- 5) I don't want. Saving myself for the full game. (11%, 502 Votes)
Total Voters: 4,608
Last Vote Results
The last vote asked what you guys thought about the newly-revealed Diablo III Battle.net Chat Interface. While most fan comments on the system were pretty harsh, the vote results reveal… that opinions are all over the place.
I don’t think we’ve ever had a vote with five different options that all received 15% or more. Dislikes lead likes with 45% aggregate disapproval, and strong like was by far the least-selected option, but with 30% who don’t care or don’t know, the jury remains out.
Related to this article
What do you think of D3’s B.net Chat Channel Interface?
- 3) Don’t like it. Big changes needed. (25%, 1,318 Votes)
- 4) Awful. Ugly. Overhaul required. (20%, 1,047 Votes)
- 2) It’s good, but could be better. (20%, 1,027 Votes)
- 5) Irrelevant. I won’t use any chat channel system. (15%, 770 Votes)
- 6) No opinion/not sure yet. (15%, 767 Votes)
- 1) Great system. Functional and attractive. (5%, 326 Votes)
Total Voters: 5,256