Now that Patch 1.0.5 has been live for a week and you guys have had a chance to try it out… whaddya think? Most of the feedback on skill and difficulty changes has been pretty positive, and seeking the Infernal Machine seems to be a popular new minigame, though how long the bloom will last on that rose remains to be seen, as not-very-useful Hellfire Rings continue to accumulate in player stashes. Then again, if everyone got a great ring their first try, the novelty would wear off even sooner?
Pick a vote option that matches your level of enthusiasm, and we’ll see what we can see.
What do you think of Diablo 3 v1.0.5?
- 1) It made awesome changes. Great patch. (45%, 1,550 Votes)
- 2) It's good, but not great. (30%, 1,040 Votes)
- 5) No opinion / haven't played. (12%, 423 Votes)
- 3) Not very good. Game needs work. (8%, 292 Votes)
- 4) Terrible patch. Game still sucks. (5%, 161 Votes)
Total Voters: 3,466
Last Vote Results
We’ve run several votes in news items since the last official vote post, and here are the results.
The news of the Hellfire Ring bugfix/nerf stirred up some passions and prompted a vote on the ring’s stats. Most of you guys felt the random stats on teh ring weren’t nearly a good enough reward for the effort, and I suspect those opinions have only strenghtened now that we’ve got numerous living examples of the ring, virtually all of which aren’t good enough for most players to want to wear them on anything but a Follower. Try to look at it like a scenic road in a car commercial; the journey is its own reward.
What do you think of the Hellfire Ring?
2) It’s okay with some random, but it should have better guaranteed quality. (37%, 759 Votes) 3) It’s lame. Needs to be MUCH better. (22%, 447 Votes) 4) The whole concept is dumb. Shouldn’t be a ring. Charm! (19%, 391 Votes) 1) I like the stats as they are. (15%, 300 Votes) 5) No opinion / something else. (7%, 151 Votes)
Total Voters: 2,048
The last official vote post went up during the D3 PTR of v1.0.5 and measured how much use you guys were making of the advance testing opportunity. I was surprised how few of you had taken the plunge.
Have you tried out the D3 Patch Test Realm?
4) None. Not interested, tech problems, etc. (48%, 1,489 Votes) 3) Not tried it, but I’m kinda curious/considering it. (24%, 733 Votes) 2) I tried it a little, but just a taste. (18%, 545 Votes) 5) Dunno. PTR what? (6%, 187 Votes) 1) Yes, I copied over characters and have tested thorougly. (4%, 134 Votes)
Total Voters: 3,088
The most recent vote appeared in a news post and then got promoted to the main nav bar. It asked how you guys feel about achievements in Diablo III, and was one of the rare votes where I found myself in agreement with the largest block. I’d have expected more completists and achievement hunters, and didn’t expect the 17% block of NO to so out weigh the Gotta Collect Them All faction.
Related to this article
What’s your attitude towards Diablo 3 Achievements?
3) I like the *ding* but don’t make any special efforts. (38%, 1,016 Votes) 2) I sometimes work for them, at least a little. (34%, 928 Votes) 4) Do not want. Do not care. Achievements are stupid. (17%, 462 Votes) 1) I must collect them all. Relentlessly. (9%, 251 Votes) 5) No opinion / something else. (2%, 44 Votes)
Total Voters: 2,701