The much-anticipated Beta patch 13 has arrived, and the long-promised skill and runestone system overhaul has been presented. No longer are runestones items, the skillrune effects come in every 8 or 10 levels over the life of your character, the level 30-60 deadzone is gone, there are no more rune levels, and it’s all accessed through a new UI that almost everyone hates. (Honestly, that’s not true. I played a few more hours tonight and I’m now used to it. It’s not good, but it’s okay, once you know how to operate it and don’t expect too much.)
So, all things considered, what do you think? How does this new system compare to the various versions we heard about previously, back when runestones were items? Pick the vote option that best expresses your opinion, and we’ll do our usual community consensus thing.
BTW, if you aren’t actually playing in the beta, I insist that you inform yourself before you vote. Go watch the short video Elly put together — it provides the best explanation and demonstration of the skill system you’re going to see anywhere.
Do you like the new intergrated skills and runes system?
- 2) Like the new system, but it's got room to improve. (47%, 3,124 Votes)
- 1) Love the new system. Almost perfect. (16%, 1,087 Votes)
- 3) Dislike the new system. Needs MANY fixes. (15%, 994 Votes)
- 5) Don't know/no opinion. (12%, 808 Votes)
- 4) Hate the new system. (10%, 659 Votes)
Total Voters: 6,672
Last Vote Results
The last vote asked what you guys thought about D3 missing the “early 2012” release date and moving to the “Q2 release window” that it may or may not meet.
Obviously not a lot of you guys were happy about it, but the rage was a lot less than we’ve seen in the past over any number of feature changes. I think there were actually more angry threads and comments back in October, when Blizzard announced the 2011 date wasn’t going to happen. Maybe we’ve all seen enough Blizzard delays by now that the surprise has gone?
So, D3 slipped another release date…
- 2) Unhappy. Why did I get my hopes up? (36%, 2,408 Votes)
- 3) Meh. “When it’s done.” is serious business. (30%, 2,031 Votes)
- 1) Outraged. Disgusted. Nuke Irvine. (23%, 1,553 Votes)
- 4) Happy.. I’ll have more time to play come summertime. (6%, 418 Votes)
- 5) No opinion. (5%, 334 Votes)
Total Voters: 6,745