The Diablo III chat channels interface debuted several patches ago, to general disdain and concern. Most commenters opined that the chat window was way too small, the design was ugly, the chat features were lacking, and the whole feature was generally worthy of disdain and contempt. Complaints that Bashiok promptly exacerbated by stating that no big changes to the chat interface were planned pre-release.
Check out the video if you need a refresher on what we’re talking about, or if you just want to enjoy two minutes of Elly’s golden tones.
The feature’s inauspicious debut was back in February though. Now that you guys have had six weeks to think it over and experiment with the system (if you’re in the beta), what do you think now? Still hate it? Grown to like it? Don’t care since typing to other people would just slow you down? Pick an option that reflects your opinion and we’ll see where the majority’s opinion lies.
What do you think of D3's B.net Chat Channel Interface?
- 3) Don't like it. Big changes needed. (25%, 1,318 Votes)
- 4) Awful. Ugly. Overhaul required. (20%, 1,048 Votes)
- 2) It's good, but could be better. (20%, 1,027 Votes)
- 5) Irrelevant. I won't use any chat channel system. (15%, 770 Votes)
- 6) No opinion/not sure yet. (15%, 767 Votes)
- 1) Great system. Functional and attractive. (6%, 326 Votes)
Total Voters: 5,257
Last Vote Results
Our last vote measured the community’s reaction to the fact that no form of PvP will be present in Diablo III at launch. Surprisingly, to me at least, most of you guys didn’t want to PvP anyway, or don’t care that it’s being delayed for unknown months, or both.
How upset are you at no PvP in D3 at launch?
- 3) Mild approval. I don’t really care about PvP. (45%, 4,091 Votes)
- 4) Great news. PvP sucks and would have distracted from PvE balancing. (18%, 1,682 Votes)
- 5) I reject your reframing effort. A SOON release date is all that matters. Cut all the features! (17%, 1,603 Votes)
- 2) Angry. Was really looking forward to PvP. (17%, 1,587 Votes)
- 1) Outraged. Won’t buy until PvP is patched in. (3%, 212 Votes)
Total Voters: 9,176
It’s not clear how much of that acceptance of no PvP is due to the fact that Blizzard could add “and your left kidney” to the game’s price, without complaint from most fans, if the alternative was yet another six months delay to the release date.Related to this article