I’d been looking for a good vote topic to fill the rest of this week, before we launch the final and definitive “which class will you play first” vote for D-Day, next Monday. And thanks to the CMs telling us that character names will be almost unseen in Diablo III, we’ve got a controversy to argue over! Our news post has over 100 replies and Raesane’s forum thread on the same issue has even more replies.
Hardly anyone is arguing against the function of the BattleTag, and most players like the convenience of one ID that links to an account. The complaints seem to be more about style and immersion — players want to see their own character names and those of other players — Kromtarg the Barbarian! Esslivia the Wizard! Not “RalphSmith#8731” the Demon Hunter.
On the other hand, a lot of players say they don’t care about character names, and prefer to avoid any confusion and just see the BattleTag always on display. Which are you? Pick a vote option and we’ll see how this issue breaks down.
Do you prefer to see Character Names or BattleTags?
- 1) Character name should display in-game and chat. (43%, 2,436 Votes)
- 3) Give players the option of which to display and view. (32%, 1,787 Votes)
- 2) BattleTag should display in-game and chat. (15%, 858 Votes)
- 4) Don't care/no opinion. (10%, 576 Votes)
Total Voters: 5,646
Last Vote Results
The last vote measured fan interest in playing Hardcore, and showed that a strong majority of you guys are least curious to try it out. I was a little surprised that only 8% said they planned to go HC exclusively, but props to those who will, for that is a harsh path to follow.
Related to this article
Will you play Hardcore in Diablo III?
2) Yes, but I’ll play normal mode also. (33%, 2,831 Votes) 3) Possibly? I’m a little HCurious. (26%, 2,218 Votes) 4) Probably not. (22%, 1,884 Votes) 5) No way. Not even once. (11%, 902 Votes) 1) Yes, exclusively. (8%, 659 Votes)
Total Voters: 8,494