Flux, Wolfpaq, and Xanth compare key features in Torchlight 2 to Diablo 3. The item system, character customization, and much more are handled very differently in TL2, with pros and cons. Also includes a D3 v1.0.5 patch preview.
Times and topics listed below are merely a rough guideline, as the flow of conversation twists and turns.
- 0:00 — Introductions, TL2 launch vs. v1.0.5 patch preview. Recent Dave Brevik Diablo creator coworker praise.
- 6:40 — Torchlight 2 difficulty and basics. The horror of Elite/Hardcore mode.
- 12:00 — TL2 deep character customization and permanence vs. Diablo III accessibility and freespecs. Pros and cons.
- 19:00 — Skill points. In TL2 better customization. Could/should skill points be re-incorporated into Diablo III?
- 26:00 — Items. The items system is the most common complaint about Diablo III. How is it handled in TL2? Why is it not good in Diablo III?
- 42:00 — final thoughts on TL2 vs. Diablo III.
- 45:30 — Diablo III v1.0.5 patch preview. Monster Power issues, Infernal Machine speculation,
- 50:10 — class skill changes. demon hunter new build options.
- 58:00 — Does Diablo III still need more incentives to play in parties?
- 60:00 — final thoughts on Diablo III and the paragon system. When will v1.05 be released? Will we get PvP in Diablo III this year? Moo. Moo. Moo-ooo.
- As a programming note, the DiabloPodcast.com site is no more, and going forward, all podcasts will be presented here on Diablo.IncGamers.com in the news.
- The Diablo Podcast Episode Guide in the DiabloWiki provides links to every show, plus quick summaries.
- Listen and subscribe through iTunes.
- View video versions of all The Diablo Podcasts on You Tube, via our all-encompassing Diablo3Inc channel.
- Vote: v1.0.5 Approval?
- Blizzard Answers v1.0.5 Questions
- Full v1.05 Patch Notes Posted