Diablo 3 conspiracy theories! Can RNG can be cheated, do we know the weighting for all legendary drops, and more. Also the joy of clans, legendary material hunting, and feeling forced to play Torment. Featuring Flux, Rankil, and Muggs.
Podcast: Play in new window | Download (Duration: 1:22:31 — 75.6MB)
Show segment approximate start times.Recent Reaper of Souls play stories. Both guests are successfully doing T4 to T6 Hardcore. In related news, neither can remember when last they saw the sun.4:00 — Monk complaints and issues. Blizzard’s pathetic Monk build for the Theorycrafting Thursday. Muggs main’s a 27,000,000 toughness Monk and he’s losing interest.15:00 — Flux suggests that Rankil and Muggs are going way too geeky min/max for most people, and that Blizzard might be targeting their content to more of a general interest player, rather than trying to impress the super elite .01%.22:00 — Hardcore elitists? The huge difference in gear quality (especially in Toughness) considered required for Torment 1 and higher in SC vs. HC.27:00 — Reaper of Souls incentivizes (requires?) players to enter Torment to find the higher quality gear. Is this a good system? People enjoy being challenged to step up their game instead of just crusing along in MP1 forever in D3v?33:00 — Legendary Materials and the joy of Clans.40:00 — Crafting gearing up. Hellfire Rings; now incredibly not worth the trouble. Should there be some superrare legendary materials and crafting options? Why no torment-only crafting?48:00 — Conspiracy theories!
1) Does activating a Conduit shrine instantly empty the rest of the level?
2) Does the Panda Fortress always appear every other level in Rift when you’ve only got time for one or two quick games?
3) Do Wizards get better drops than the other classes?
4) Are item drops set upon character creation?
5) Does the game select 5-7 legendaries for each slot per game, and players can find them out and then gamble them?55:00 — Why do people so want shortcuts and feel the need to create conspiracy theories in Diablo 3 and other such games? Human nature?1:12:00 — Interested in Ladders? Both guests are, even though they’ve put hundreds of hours into their current characters and gear and a ladder means starting from scratch.
The Diablo 3 Podcast Episode Guide in DiabloWiki.net provides links to every show, plus quick summaries. Related to this article