Those of you on the dark side of the Art Controversy might enjoy a new Diablo 2 mod. It’s by SheX and is called The Black Parade. Diii.net has not tested or otherwise evaluated this mod, so no endorsement is given or implied, but it does sound like a change of pace, at least. You can get it from ModDB.
Here’s a quote of the features, plus a screenshot. Thanks to the Examiner for the tip.
Related to this article
All monsters in this mod very strong. If you do not possess strong patience and love ocean of experience, characters with unique/uber items like “tank” or “superman”, this mod NOT FOR YOU! Only morally strong player can pass this mod. It something like test of your tolerance.
* Strongly decreased “cool” drop
* All world in black-and-white tones
* Atmosphere changed to real dark and scary
* Added dark music and sounds
* Removed all “monsters”… Added real monsters!
* Increased power of monsters
* Decreased population of monsters
* Enabled ladder runewords and Cube Recipes
* Changed some maps
* Added new cube recipes ( see in database )
* Added Unique and set Items from E=mc2 mod ( see database )
* All unique and set items cannot be repaired
* Added new runewords ( see database )
* Decreased price for all items
* Decreased durability for all items
* Reward for Dark Malus from Griswold will be Unique Item
* Increased reward for quests Den of Traitor, Radament and Izual