Those of you on the dark side of the Art Controversy might enjoy a new Diablo 2 mod. It’s by SheX and is called The Black Parade. Diii.net has not tested or otherwise evaluated this mod, so no endorsement is given or implied, but it does sound like a change of pace, at least. You can get it from ModDB.
Here’s a quote of the features, plus a screenshot. Thanks to the Examiner for the tip.
All monsters in this mod very strong. If you do not possess strong patience and love ocean of experience, characters with unique/uber items like “tank” or “superman”, this mod NOT FOR YOU! Only morally strong player can pass this mod. It something like test of your tolerance.
* Strongly decreased “cool” drop
* All world in black-and-white tones
* Atmosphere changed to real dark and scary
* Added dark music and sounds
* Removed all “monsters”… Added real monsters!
* Increased power of monsters
* Decreased population of monsters
* Enabled ladder runewords and Cube Recipes
* Changed some maps
* Added new cube recipes ( see in database )
* Added Unique and set Items from E=mc2 mod ( see database )
* All unique and set items cannot be repaired
* Added new runewords ( see database )
* Decreased price for all items
* Decreased durability for all items
* Reward for Dark Malus from Griswold will be Unique Item
* Increased reward for quests Den of Traitor, Radament and Izual