Lots of new stuff and improved old stuff in Patch 2.2, so here’s a big compilation. Check the full patch notes for every single change, great and small. This is a listing of the changes that are most impactful and noticeable for players, and feel free to suggest others in comments if you feel the collective would benefit from the reminder.
Patch 2.2: Everything New and Important.
- The Gilded Baron drops nothing but gold, and lots of it.
- The Insufferable Miscreant spawns with minion goblins that run interference/distraction and drops better quality than a normal Goblin.
- The Gelatinous Sire splits into 2 or 3 smaller versions of itself when killed, and those split into 2 or 3 again, so you wind up with 7-9 tiny GS goblins, all of which move quickly and drop like a normal goblin when killed.
- Immortal King’s Call — Barbarian. Huge buffs to Wrath of the Berserker and Call of the Ancients.
- Natalya’s Vengeance — Demon Hunter. Rain of Vengeance focused set.
- Inna’s Mantra — Monk. Mystic Ally huge buffs.
- Zunimassa’s Haunt — Witch Doctor. Big buffs to Fetish Army.
- Tal Rasha’s Elements — Wizard. Huge buffs to Meteor via different types of elemental skills.
- Other Buffed Sets. Firebird’s Finery, Raiment of a Thousand Storms, Raiment of the Jade Harvester, Bul-Kathos’s Oath, and Roland’s Legacy retained the same themes, but were considerably buffed. Bastions of Will (Focus and Restraint rings) reworked and given powerful damage buffs. Crafted sets Captain Crimson’s Trimmings and Guardian’s Jeopardy given huge buffs to their Life Regen rates.
- New Legendary Items: There are 24 new legendary items, including Legendary Gems and Legendary Potions, most of which are Season 3 only. Click through for full details.
- Buffed Legendary Items: There are 20 old legendary items (not including the Sets listed above) with big buffs to their legendary affixes. Click through for full details.
- Base property: Your Cold skills now apply Chill effects and your Chill effects now slow enemy movement speed by an additional 5%.
- Per Rank: The additional movement speed reduction is increased by .4%.
- Rank 25 bonus: You gain 10% increased chance to critically strike Chilled or Frozen enemies.
- Base stat: Gain 10% melee damage reduction
- Per rank: Melee damage reduction is increased by 1%.
- Rank 25 bonus: While below 50% life, you may move through enemies unhindered
- Lightning pulses periodically between all wearers of this item dealing 1000-1500% weapon damage
- Gain 150-200% increased damage to a single element for 4 seconds
- This effect rotates through the elements available to your class in the following order: Arcane, Cold, Fire, Holy, Lightning, Physical, Poison
- Note: Cold is not included for Crusaders
- Gargantuan instead summons three smaller Gargantuans each more powerful than the original
- Cooldowns are reduced by 8-10 seconds for 15 seconds after killing an elite pack
- Grants a 15-20% chance to block attacks
- Blocked attacks inflict 30% less damage
- After blocking an attack, your next attack inflicts 30% additional damage
- Chance on kill to raise a skeleton to fight for you
- Upon accumulating 5 skeletons, they explode for 1000% weapon damage and the sword transforms into Ashbringer for a short time.
- Attacking with Ashbringer burns your target for 4500-6000% weapon damage as Holy
- Attacking enemies below 17-20% life freezes them for 3 seconds
- Wrath of the Berserker gains the effect of every rune
- Removed pre-patch for further development.
- Ground Stomp causes an Avalanche
- Slash attacks in all directions
- Justice spawns a Blessed Hammer when it hits an enemy
- Rain of Vengeance also summons a crashing beast that deals 3000-4000% weapon damage
- Drop Caltrops when using Vault
- Summon a Fetish Sycophant when you hit with a Mana spender
Haunted Girdle (belt, Witch Doctor)
- Haunt releases 1 extra Spirit
- Slow Time gains the effect of every rune.
- When your Shield Bash hits 3 or less enemies its damage is increased by 150-200% and 25% of the Wrath cost is refunded
- Increases the damage of Meteor by 100%
- Increases the damage of Meteor by 150-200% when it hits 3 or less enemies
- Energy Twister Periodically pulls in enemies within 30 yards
- Your Spirit generators reduce your damage taken by 30-40% for 3 seconds
- Increases healing from all sources by 20-25% for 5 seconds
- Gain 20-30% of your maximum resource when used below 50% Life
- On death explosion weapon damage increased from 200 to 800%
- No longer rolls against skill proc coefficients
- The Treasure Goblin helper spawned by this item will now pick up items in a larger radius
- The Treasure Goblin helper spawned by this item will now run faster when picking up items
- Chance to stun increased from 13-17% to 25-35%
- Time to summon a Zombie Dog to your side reduced from 4-6 seconds to 2 seconds
- Now rolls with +20-25% Sacrifice damage as a fifth primary affix
- Now displays a buff icon indicating the duration of the Horrify effect
- (Redesigned) Casting a Lightning skill charges you with Lightning, causing you to deal 650-850% weapon damage as Lightning every second for 5 seconds to nearby enemies
- Lightning smite weapon damage increased from 150-180% to 600-750%. The internal cooldown has been greatly reduced
- Can now roll with +% Arcane, Cold, Fire or Lightning damage instead of just Arcane
- Slow Time cooldown reduction reduced from 50-70% to 30-40%
- Wrath per enemy hit increased from 3-4 to 4-6
- Chicken weapon damage increased from 100% to 500%
- Enemies hit by the Chicken are now confused for 2 seconds
- Greatly increased Haunt cast radius
- Haunt is now cast on all nearby enemies
- Note: The spell effect will only be shown on 5 enemies
- The first time an elite pack damages you, gain an absorb shield for 120-150% of your maximum Life for 15 seconds
- Dagger weapon damage increased from 275-350% to 500-650%
- Increased proc chance from 25% to 100%
- Chaos field duration increased from 2-4 seconds to 3-4 seconds
- Greatly increased proc chance
- Poison nova weapon damage increased from 100-130% to 350-450%
- Life per Second increased from 500 to 10000
- Number of stacks reduced from 8 to 4
- Fan of knives weapon damage increased from 200% to 750-900%
- Chance to explode on hit increased from 15-35% to 25-35%
- Radius increased from 10 to 20 yards
- Internal cooldown has been greatly reduced
- Charging wolf weapon damage increased from 300-400% to 800-1000%
- Burnt ground weapon damage increased from 100% to 300-400% per second
- Vile stench weapon damage increased from 240-320% to 450-550%
- Duration reduced from 10 to 5 seconds
- Greatly reduced internal cooldown
- Life on Hit increased from 1500-3000 to 15000-20000 for 5 seconds
- Life on Kill increased from 4000-8000 to 40000-50000 for 5 seconds
- Additional Life gained increased from 25000-45000 to 75000-100000 over 5 seconds
- (2) Casting Arcane Orb, Energy Twister, Magic Missile or Shock Pulse reduces the cooldown of your Slow Time by 2 seconds
- (4) Enemies affected by your Slow Time take 2000% weapon damage every second. This damage type will be determined by your highest equipped +% Elemental Damage
- (6) Enemies affected by your Slow Time take 750% more damage from your Arcane Orb, Energy Twister, Magic Missile and Shock Pulse
- (2) Your generators also generate 1 Discipline
- (4) Gain 20% damage reduction and 20% increased damage for 4 seconds if no enemy is within 10 yards of you
- (6) Your generators and Multishot deal 15% more damage for every point of Discipline you have
- (2) Increase the damage of Rend by 500% and its duration to 15 seconds
- (4) While Whirlwinding you take 40% reduced damage
- (6) Whirlwind gains the effect of the Dust Devils rune and the damage of the Dust Devils is increased to 2500% weapon damage
- (2) Set Bonus
- After casting a resource-generating attack or primary skill, gain 50% increased damage for 5 seconds
- Your first hit with each cast of a resource-spending attack, grants 50% increased damage for 5 seconds
- (2) Set Bonus
- Increases Fury generation per second by 10
- During Whirlwind gain 30% increased Attack Speed and Movement Speed
- (2) Every use of Shield Bash and Sweep Attack reduces the cooldown of your Laws and Defensive Skills by 1 second
- (4) Damage bonus increased from 100% to 500%. Damage bonus is now multiplicative
- (6) Attack Speed bonus increased from 20% to 30% per stack
- (2) Call of the Ancients last until they die.
- (4) Reduce the cooldown of Wrath of the Berserker and Call of the Ancients by 3 seconds for every 10 Fury you spend with an attack
- (6) [new] While both Wrath of the Berserker and Call of the Ancients are active, you deal 100% increased damage
- (2) The cooldown of Rain of Vengeance is reduced by 2 seconds every time you cast a primary skill or from the first hit of each cast of a resource-spending attack
- (4) Rain of Vengeance deals 100% increased damage
- (6) [new] – After casting Rain of Vengenace, deal 400% increased damage and take 30% reduced damage for 5 seconds
- (2) Increase the passive effect of your Mystic Ally and the base passive effect of your Mantra by 100%
- (4) Set: Gain the base effect of all four Mantras at all times.
- (6) [new] – Mystic Ally casts Cyclone Strike, Exploding Palm, Lashing Tail Kick, Seven-Sided Strike, and Wave of Light when you do
- (2) Your Spirit Generators have 25% increased attack speed and 300% increased damage
- (4) Dashing Strike now spends 75 Spirit, but refunds a Charge when it does
- (6) Your Spirit Generators increase the weapon damage of Dashing Strike to 12,500% for 6 seconds
- (2) When Haunt lands on an enemy already affected by Haunt, it instantly deals 10 seconds worth of Haunt damage
- (4) Soul Harvest gains the effect of every rune
- (6) Amount of Damage over Time detonated increased from 30 to 40 seconds
- (2) Your Fetish Army lasts until they die
- (4) You and your pets take 2% reduced damage for every Fetish you have alive
- (6) [new] – Enemies hit by your Mana spenders take 275% more damage from your pets for 4 seconds
- (2) When you die, a meteor falls from the sky and revives you. This effect has a 300 second cooldown. The meteor that falls from the sky is now a Molten Impact Meteor.
- (4) Your Fire Spells cause up to 3 enemies to explode, dealing 400% weapon damage as Fire to enemies within 10 yards
- (2) Damaging enemies with Arcane, Cold, Fire or Lightning will cause a Meteor of the same damage type to fall from the sky. There is an 8 second cooldown for each damage type.
Now uses the Molten Impact rune when triggered by Fire damage.
Can no longer be triggered by hitting a destructible object
- (4) Attacks increase your resistance to that element by 100% for 6 seconds
- (6) Attacks increase your damage by 150% for 6 seconds. Arcane, Cold, Fire, and Lightning attacks each add one stack (maximum of 4). Adding a stack refreshes the duration
- (2) Life per Second increased from 2000 to 6000
- (2) Life per Second increased from 2000 to 8000
All the item set bonuses are retroactive, though changes to specific set items and legendary items are not, and players will need to find new versions of those items to get the new bonuses. All set changes are available to all, while most of the new legendary items are Season Three only.
Iceblink, Legendary Gem [S3 only]
Mutilation Guard, Legendary Gem [S3 only]
Convention of the Elements (ring)
Little Man’s Finger (ring) [S3 only]
In-Geom (1h sword)
Blood Brother (Two-handed sword, Crusader)
Corrupted Ashbringer (2h sword)
Mortick’s Brace (bracers, Barbarian)
Dread Iron (belt, Barbarian) [S3 only]
Omnislash (belt, Crusader)
Blessed of Haull (belt, Crusader) [S3 only]
Crashing Rain (belt, Demon Hunter)
Omryn’s Chain (belt, Demon Hunter)
Belt of Transcendence (belt, Witch Doctor)
Crown of the Primus (wizard hat, Wizard)
Drakon’s Lesson (bracers, Crusader)
Nilfur’s Boast (boots, Wizard)
Ranslor’s Folly (bracers, Wizard) [S3 only]
Spirit Guards (bracers, Monk) [S3 only]
Bottomless Potion of Amplification [S3 only]
Reworked Legendary Items
Pandemonium Loop (ring)
Tiklandian Visage (mojo)
Sky Splitter (One-handed axe)
Gesture of Orpheus (Wand)
Golden Flense (Two-handed Flail)
Sebor’s Nightmare (belt)
St. Archew’s Gage (Gloves)
Sash of Knives (belt)
Cord of the Sherma (belt)
Andariel’s Visage (helm)
Boots of Disregard (boots)
Death Watch Mantle (shoulders)
Defender of Westmarch (Crusader shield)
Fire Walkers (boots)
Pox Faulds (pants)
New Item Sets
Delsere’s Magnum Opus (Wizard)
Unhallowed Essence (Demon Hunter)
Wrath of the Wastes (Barbarian)
Reworked Item Sets
Immortal King’s Boulder Breaker (two-handed mace) – Now rolls 45-60% Call of the Ancients damage as a fifth primary affix
IK Slots: Two-handed weapon, helm, chest, belt, gloves, boots. New: pants.
Natalya’s Slayer (One-handed xbow) – Now rolls +20-25% Rain of Vengeance damage as a fifth primary affix
Slots: One-handed weapon, helm, cloak, ring, boots. New: gloves, pants.
Inna’s Reach (Daibo) – Now rolls +20-25% Mystic Ally damage as a fifth primary affix
Slots: Diabo, Helm, chest, belt, pants. New: Gloves, boots.
Quality of Life: Dashing Stike now lights up on your action bar when the increased weapon damage is active
Zunimassa’s String of Skulls (mojo) – Now rolls +20-25% Fetish Army damage as a fifth primary affix
Slots: Helm, ring, mojo, chest, boots. New: gloves, pants.
Bug Fixes – Fixed an issue that prevented the cooldown debuff from being removed on death
Tal Rasha’s Unwavering Glare (source) – Now rolls +20-25% Meteor damage as a fifth primary affix
Bug Fixes – Fixed an issue that prevented Magic Weapon: Electrify from triggering this set bonus
Slots: Helm, amulet, belt, chest, source. New: gloves, pants.
Tons of new stuff, and the wiki pages not yet updated will be brought up to date ASAP. Check those for fuller details than can be displayed in this quick listing.