Lots of new stuff and improved old stuff in Patch 2.2, so here’s a big compilation. Check the full patch notes for every single change, great and small. This is a listing of the changes that are most impactful and noticeable for players, and feel free to suggest others in comments if you feel the collective would benefit from the reminder.
Patch 2.2: Everything New and Important.
- The Gilded Baron drops nothing but gold, and lots of it.
- The Insufferable Miscreant spawns with minion goblins that run interference/distraction and drops better quality than a normal Goblin.
- The Gelatinous Sire splits into 2 or 3 smaller versions of itself when killed, and those split into 2 or 3 again, so you wind up with 7-9 tiny GS goblins, all of which move quickly and drop like a normal goblin when killed.
- Immortal King’s Call — Barbarian. Huge buffs to Wrath of the Berserker and Call of the Ancients.
- Natalya’s Vengeance — Demon Hunter. Rain of Vengeance focused set.
- Inna’s Mantra — Monk. Mystic Ally huge buffs.
- Zunimassa’s Haunt — Witch Doctor. Big buffs to Fetish Army.
- Tal Rasha’s Elements — Wizard. Huge buffs to Meteor via different types of elemental skills.
- Other Buffed Sets. Firebird’s Finery, Raiment of a Thousand Storms, Raiment of the Jade Harvester, Bul-Kathos’s Oath, and Roland’s Legacy retained the same themes, but were considerably buffed. Bastions of Will (Focus and Restraint rings) reworked and given powerful damage buffs. Crafted sets Captain Crimson’s Trimmings and Guardian’s Jeopardy given huge buffs to their Life Regen rates.
- New Legendary Items: There are 24 new legendary items, including Legendary Gems and Legendary Potions, most of which are Season 3 only. Click through for full details.
- Buffed Legendary Items: There are 20 old legendary items (not including the Sets listed above) with big buffs to their legendary affixes. Click through for full details.
- Base property: Your Cold skills now apply Chill effects and your Chill effects now slow enemy movement speed by an additional 5%.
- Per Rank: The additional movement speed reduction is increased by .4%.
- Rank 25 bonus: You gain 10% increased chance to critically strike Chilled or Frozen enemies.
- Base stat: Gain 10% melee damage reduction
- Per rank: Melee damage reduction is increased by 1%.
- Rank 25 bonus: While below 50% life, you may move through enemies unhindered
- Lightning pulses periodically between all wearers of this item dealing 1000-1500% weapon damage
- Gain 150-200% increased damage to a single element for 4 seconds
- This effect rotates through the elements available to your class in the following order: Arcane, Cold, Fire, Holy, Lightning, Physical, Poison
- Note: Cold is not included for Crusaders
- Gargantuan instead summons three smaller Gargantuans each more powerful than the original
- Cooldowns are reduced by 8-10 seconds for 15 seconds after killing an elite pack
- Grants a 15-20% chance to block attacks
- Blocked attacks inflict 30% less damage
- After blocking an attack, your next attack inflicts 30% additional damage
- Chance on kill to raise a skeleton to fight for you
- Upon accumulating 5 skeletons, they explode for 1000% weapon damage and the sword transforms into Ashbringer for a short time.
- Attacking with Ashbringer burns your target for 4500-6000% weapon damage as Holy
- Attacking enemies below 17-20% life freezes them for 3 seconds
- Wrath of the Berserker gains the effect of every rune
- Removed pre-patch for further development.
All the item set bonuses are retroactive, though changes to specific set items and legendary items are not, and players will need to find new versions of those items to get the new bonuses. All set changes are available to all, while most of the new legendary items are Season Three only.
Iceblink, Legendary Gem [S3 only]
Mutilation Guard, Legendary Gem [S3 only]
Convention of the Elements (ring)
Little Man’s Finger (ring) [S3 only]
In-Geom (1h sword)
Blood Brother (Two-handed sword, Crusader)
Corrupted Ashbringer (2h sword)
Mortick’s Brace (bracers, Barbarian)