In addition to the blast of new artwork and screenshots we saw on the Blizzcon Press CD, Blizzard’s web team uploaded a stack of 13 new images to the official D3 site. They all feature the wizard using various spells, and the eye candy is as lovely as always. All the images have been given informative captions and added to our Diablo 3 screenshots folder. You may view them there by thumbnails, or click the following links, which are sorted by the spell on display.
- Disintegrating some skeletons, more disintegrate through a doorway, and Disintegrating from within a Slow Time bubble.
- Electrocuting Skeletal Executioners, Electrocuting skeletal shieldmen, and regular skeletons from within a Slow Time bubble.
- Frost Nova scoring a lovely critical strike. Gibs! Another Frost Nova chilling a pack of zombies.
- A Magic Missile impact, and another Magic Missile on an infestation of skeletons.
- Charged Bolts lightning up some skeletons in the dungeons below the Tristram Cathedral.
- The non-town area in Tristram, where new characters began in the Blizzcon build and met Captain Rumsford. Another view from the ruins of Tristram, where the bodies sway gently in the fog-shrouded trees.
In addition to the screens, a few new pieces of artwork were also added to the official site’s gallery.
- Two new pieces of female Wizard concept art, showing her in a pair of stylish outfits.
- The header for the Wizard page on the official site is this great piece of artwork, with the female wizard inflicting the red death of the Disintegrate spell on some hapless monsters.
- They also added one last piece of concept art for the Scavenger. Why the monster looks 3 meters tall in all the concept art and like a leaping, ankle-biting badger in the actual game remains a mystery.
Finally, we somehow missed this one last month, but Side Show Toys posted an article about the sculpting of the Barbarian figurine, with a ton of “making of” photos of the model. From the initial wire frame, to the dozens of individual parts, to the muscular and sexless body, to the detailed armor, to Diablo’s skull that the Barbarian stands on, it’s all profiled in exquisite detail. The images have all been added to the merchandise gallery.