Blizzard has updated a content page on Runestones, with details about the five runestone effects on one skill for each class. There’s even video showing off the effects, with good sound and visuals.
The skills profiled are Whirlwind, Sweeping Wind, Ray of Frost, Acid Cloud, and a brand new Demon Hunter skill, Cluster Arrow. The full descriptions and all of the videos are embedded below for easier viewing/commenting. Or you an view them via Blizzard’s official page. Awesome stuff.
- Crimson – Shoots bits of rock and gravel in every direction, dealing area effect damage.
- Indigo – Barbarian spawns smaller whirlwinds which deal direct damage.
- Obsidian – Provides the barbarian with immunity to immobilizing effects.
- Golden – Reduced Fury cost.
- Alabaster – Critical strikes confuse enemies, forcing them to attack their allies for a short time.
- Discuss this video in the Barbarian forum.
Click through to see the other four skill videos.
- Crimson – A flurry of blades increases Sweeping Wind’s damage.
- Indigo – Expands the area of effect and strikes enemies with additional fire-based attacks.
- Obsidian – A persistent whirlwind surrounds the monk, dealing damage to any foes that come into contact.
- Golden – Increases Spirit regeneration.
- Alabaster – A powerful sandstorm billows with the monk’s attacks, damaging enemies and knocking them back.
- Discuss this video in the Monk forum.
- Crimson – Beam increases in damage the longer it remains in use, to a cap.
- Indigo – Wizard is surrounded by a swirling vortex of sleet, damaging any foes that come into contact.
- Obsidian – Decreases beam damage, but increases reduction in target movement and attack speed.
- Golden – Arcane Power cost reduced.
- Alabaster – Enemies slain by Ray of Frost have a chance to leave an area of ice on the ground where they die, damaging other enemies if they move through it.
- Discuss this in the Wizard forum.
- Crimson – Increases the damage of the explosion at the point of impact.
- Indigo – Fires enemy-seeking missiles instead of grenades.
- Obsidian – The Cluster Arrow is launched high into the air and rains down grenades.
- Golden – Instead of grenades, the skill spawns shadow creatures that attack nearby enemies and leech life to the demon hunter.
- Alabaster – Adds a stun effect to the grenade explosions.
- Discuss this video in the Demon Hunter forum.
- Crimson – Causes immediate damage instead of a damage over time effect.
- Indigo – Increases area-of-effect radius.
- Obsidian – Spawns slimes that attack nearby enemies.
- Golden – Afflicts enemies with a disease effect that deals damage over time.
- Alabaster – The witch doctor belches forth a directional pool of acid.
- Discuss this video in the WD forum.
See all the videos here.Related to this article