The promised D3 site update has arrived, and it’s a juicy one. There’s a new monster entry, which reads as part two of the, with the medieval Steve Irwin hunting a Dune Thresher. The story concludes in this entry about the Scavenger, a much-improved version of the leaping creatures we were all annoyed by in Diablo I and Diablo II.
In addition to the Scavenger page, there are 4 new artworks and 7 new screenshots. Here’s the artwork:
- Scavenger Concept Art: We’ve been thinking this was some kind of mutated demon horse. Turns out we had the scale all wrong, and it’s a scavenger.
- Scavenger Art Palette Shifts: Various color varieties of the scavenger concept art. *insert color controversy joke here*
- Scavenger faces: Concept art that only a mother could love.
- Triune Leader Blood Guard: Concept art of the Blood Guard, a monster type we’ve not yet seen in the game. Apparently they guard the Triune Leader, a type of Dark Cultist monster we’ve not yet become acquainted with.
And here are the screenshots:
- Ghouls get Firebombed: By a witch doctor!
- Barbarian vs. Siegebreaker: You’ll want to dodge the stabbing claws longer than your entire body, when you turn comes.
- Barbarian hammers Berserkers: Another shot of the Barbarian in the Tristram dungeons, bringing the hammer time on some cultists and berserkers.
- Skeletal Harvest: A female Witch Doctor uses Soul Harvest on some skeletal attackers.
- Scavengers vs. Barbarian: A Barbarian gets knee-deep in the new monster. Badgers! Badgers!
- Burrowing Scavengers: They wait underground. Reminds me of my mother in law.
- Scavengers in Tristram: Finally, a new tile set in a screenshot?! This one looks like the gloomy, fog-shrouded, abandon-all-hope view of Tristram we saw in early D3 artwork. We can only hope…