Looks like everyone (me included) who voted “nothing new” on the last poll has to eat some tasty crow. Straight from the press kit via the press room at this year’s show, here’s the full fact sheet release for Diablo 3 with all the Necromancer details.
BlizzCon 2016 Fact Sheet
DIABLO III: REAPER OF SOULS @ BLIZZCON 2016 OVERVIEW:
It’s been 20 years since the original heroes of Sanctuary — the Warrior, Rogue, and Sorcerer — first descended into the labyrinth beneath Tristram’s Cathedral. At BlizzCon 2016, the legacy of Diablo lives on! In the coming year, we’ll be celebrating the series’ legacy by releasing a thrilling assortment of updates to the acclaimed action role-playing game.
Diablo III will pay homage to its roots with a special 20th Anniversary Dungeon that will transport players to the dark and gritty labyrinth from the original Diablo. Diablo III also welcomes its newest playable hero—the Necromancer!
DIABLO III: REAPER OF SOULS @ BLIZZCON 2016 FEATURES:
20th Anniversary Dungeon: The original Diablo labyrinth is back in Diablo III form.
- Nostalgia Can Be Deadly: Recreated the events, monsters, and levels from the original Diablo.
- Fresh(ened up) Meat: Original Diablo, The Butcher, Skeleton King, and Lazarus return as epic boss fights.
- Presented in Glorious RetroVision™: Special ‘90s-inspired audio and visual filters for that “classic” look.
- The Necromancer: Wield the power of the dead with Diablo III’s newest playable hero class.
Master of the Dark Arts: Her magic draws from the power of blood and bone.
- The Old Skills and the New: Command an Army of the Dead, control a mighty Blood Golem… and make all the corpses EXPLODE!
- Necromantic Sets and Legendaries: The Necromancer will be able to collect many rare treasures of unearthly power, including new Legendaries and Set items.
- Rise of the Necromancer Pack will include the character, an in-game pet, two character slots, two stash tabs, a portrait frame, pennant, banner and banner sigil. (Pricing TBD)
Explore Deadly New Zones: The foul stench of evil continues to spread across Sanctuary.
- Shrouded Moors: This harsh, inhospitable land has been abandoned for centuries. But something stirs within its perpetual fog—as though a dark presence has taken hold.
- Temple of the Firstborn: An ancient monument to the earliest nephalem. The temple is hidden beneath the surface of Sanctuary, where it has escaped the notice of most mortals.
Seasons Coming to Console: Console and PC Seasons will align in Season 10
- Console Seasons will include the Season Journey, Leaderboards, and all rewards and cosmetics.
For more details about Diablo III: Reaper of Souls, visit http://www.diablo3.com/reaperofsouls.
There are a couple of images showing off the male and female Necromancer in the press kit as well. More new images to come…