Thanks to our colleague MD for spotting the news that Blizzard COO Paul Sams is now one of the new minority owners of the Pittsburgh Steelers NFL franchise. Details of Sams’ ownership stake have not been revealed, but with the franchise’s value estimated at just over one billion dollars, it obviously takes some pretty serious change to even get a foot in the door. Here’s the press release from the official Pittsburgh Steelers website.
* Family members include Paul (38) and Susan (38), and their children, Megan, Matthew and Michael.
* Family and operations based in Los Angeles.
* Paul is the chief operating officer of industry-leading computer-game developer and publisher, Blizzard Entertainment, Inc., serving as a key leader, spokesperson, operational expert and decision-maker for the company, in addition to providing corporate strategy for all Blizzard Entertainment ? properties. Paul, who has coached youth athletics for the past decade, holds a Bachelor of Arts degree in business economics from the University of California at Santa Barbara.
* Susan is an attorney dedicated to supporting the legal needs of battered women and children. Specializing in cases involving domestic violence, Susan does 100% of her work pro bono for 1736 Family Crisis Center, a non-profit Los-Angeles-based shelter organization. Susan has a Bachelor of Journalism degree from the University of Texas, an MBA from the University of Southern California and a Juris Doctorate from Whittier Law School.
* The Sams Family is also involved in commercial real estate as well as education-based charities and volunteer work.