With all regions now enjoying the game Blizzard pointed out that Global Play is now live for everyone making it easier to hook up with international buddies.
- At the Diablo III login screen, click on “Options”
- Select the “Account” tab
- From the drop-down, choose which region you want to play in and click “Accept”
You will be able to choose from the following regions:
- The Americas (North America, Latin America, Australia, New Zealand, and Southeast Asia)
- Europe (European Union, Eastern Europe, Russia, Africa, and Middle Eastern countries such as Israel and the United Arab Emirates)
- Asia (South Korea and the regions of Taiwan, Hong Kong, and Macau)
Please note that characters, items, and friends lists do not transfer across regions. Playing on a different region’s servers means you’ll be creating characters and friends lists specifically for that region, and you’ll be accessing the gold-based auction house for that region.
To learn more about Global Play in Diablo III, see the FAQ.
If you receive an error the first time logging into a different region, log out out of Diablo III, exit the client, and then log back in. This should resolve any login errors related to Global Play.