Blizzard just put up this ad, and if you have some serious experience in making computer or video games and want to join the Blizzard crew, you can get a job with the boys in blue!
Senior 3D Environment Artist
The Diablo III team is looking for a senior 3D environment artist skilled at creating models and texture maps for both architectural and natural environments. The ideal candidate has experience modeling and texturing assets for a diverse visual range of environments. A solid grasp of form, color, and light for both 2D and 3D art assets is essential. The senior environment artist must have experience mentoring a team and have a skill in another art task as well (illustration, modeling, texturing, animation, or concept drawing) and be well-versed in related tools—Maya, Photoshop, etc. The ideal candidate works well in an environment of peers who are passionate about making great games.
Blizzard Entertainment offers a fun, creative, and technically rewarding environment with excellent compensation and a full range of benefits.
- 3-5 years experience in game development modeling and texturing environments using Maya and Photoshop (or equivalent 3D and 2D programs)
- Experience working with an art director in developing a unique and cohesive modeling and texturing style
- The ability to effectively collaborate with game designers and programmers
- Superior eye for light, shade, color, and detail in creating texture maps
- An exceptional understanding of form, shape, structure, and silhouette in regard to modeling
- Self-motivation, good communication skills, and a great team-player attitude
- A passion for games
- Skill in one or more of the related creation tasks: illustration, modeling, texturing, animation, or concept drawing
- Have shipped AAA PC or console titles as a senior 3D environment artist
- Strong foundation in the traditional arts, including but not limited to figure drawing and environmental and/or architectural illustration
Please send demo reel and descriptions as well as a cover letter, resume, and salary history in separate Word format documents to [email protected]. Please list this job and your name in the subject line. Basic Tips for Resume/Demo Submission No calls or follow-up emails, please. This is a full-time position in Irvine, California.