Blizzard has posted the full Patch 1.0.5 notes. It’s a huge list, but is largely identical to the working patch notes we’ve seen on the PTR for the past weeks. Here are some of the highlights if you haven’t been following the patch development.
- The biggest change is a big nerf in the difficulty of Inferno level. Playing on Monster Power 0 will seem *much* easier than the base difficulty in v1.0.4.
- The Monster Power system has been enabled.
- The Infernal Machine end game quest/event has been enabled.
- Resplendent Chests and major game events now act like a boss kill and reward a Nephalem Valor stack.
- There are two new shrines: Empowered Shrine boosts resource regen and reduces cooldowns, and the Fleeting Shrine increases movmenet speed and adds +25 yards to gold/health orb pickup radius. Also, Experience Shrines now appear in Inferno (for Paragon Level assistance).
- Auction House: Numerous search improvements.
- All main Bosses now drop bonus quality gear on their first kill in each difficulty level (previously this only happened on Normal Difficulty.)
- There are a ton of skill changes. The easiest way to get a sense of them is viewing our helpful v1.05 skill change comparison.
- Crafting materials now stack up to 500. Reagents and tomes of training can be upgraded to the next difficulty level at a 10:1 ratio. Jeweler recipes show gold (like Blacksmith plans) when (if) they drop.
- Legendary items are now twice as likely to drop, and they show a pillar of orange light on the ground where they fall.
- Square gems no longer drop in Inferno (Only Flawless-squares, now.)
- Identifying Rare items only takes one second. (Legendary/set takes 4.)
- Items that provide “Extra Health From Globes” now also boosts the healing from health potions.
- Additional health per monster in multiplayer games has been reduced from 75% to 70% per player.
- Treasure Goblins will now play a sound whenever they become aware of a player and start running.
- That’s a very partial list; click through for the full TLDR mega list.
New System: Monster Power
Similar to the “Players X” command in Diablo II, Monster Power is a system designed to give players more control over how challenging enemies are in each difficulty. With this system, players can choose to increase the health and damage of monsters according to different “power levels” and in return they’ll receive scaling bonuses to experience as well as boosts to Magic Find and Gold Find which will stack above the 300% cap. The option to increase Monster Power will be available to all players starting at level 1 in the Quest Selection window, and can be adjusted separately for Normal, Nightmare, Hell, and Inferno difficulties.
New Event: Infernal Machine
The Infernal Machine is a device that will allow level 60 players to battle “uber” versions of some of Sanctuary’s most nefarious bosses. While the rewards for defeating these bosses will be great, some assembly is required. Only the most powerful Nephalem can unlock the secrets to building the Infernal Machine, but once forged the device can be used to open portals to special encounters featuring not one, but two bosses which have been augmented from their original versions, both in terms of difficulty and appearance. Defeating each boss pair will provide players with extra items and gold, as well as a chance to find components for a new Legendary ring.
- Resplendent Chests will now operate similarly to Elite packs in Inferno difficulty:
- When players open a Resplendent Chest, they will receive a reward based on how many Nephalem Valor stacks they have active at the time
- Opening a Resplendent Chest will grant one stack of Nephalem Valor
- Major in-game events will now grant one stack of Nephalem Valor when completed by a level 60 character in Inferno difficulty
- If completed in a multiplayer game, all eligible characters in the party will receive the buff regardless of whether they participated in the event or were close to the event’s location
- Major in-game events in Inferno difficulty that involve a special chest or Unique monster will now also drop additional loot for every stack of Nephalem Valor a player has active at the time of the event’s completion
- Several events have had Unique monsters added to them for this purpose
- Experience Shrines can now appear in Inferno difficulty
- Two new shrines have been added to all difficulty levels:
- Empowered Shrine – Increased resource regeneration and reduced cooldowns
- Fleeting Shrine – Increased movement speed and pickup radius
- Followers, pets, and summoned creatures will no longer attack enemies that are in an idle state unless the player is within 10 yards of the enemy (note: Hydra heads and Sentry turrets are not affected by this change)
- The Watch Tower spawn has been moved from the Northern Highlands to the Southern Highlands
- The reduction of snare effects against Elite monsters has been reduced (in the player’s favor):
- Normal: 20% to 0%
- Nightmare: 30% to 15%
- Hell: 40% to 25%
- Inferno: 40% to 25%
- Crowd control effects will now be affected by diminishing returns. To learn more about how diminishing returns will work in Diablo III (and why these changes are an overall buff to player CC), click here!
- Search parameters will now save when switching between the gold and real-money auction house
- An option to display Auction House toasts including sales and expirations has been added to the Social options menu
- Players can now search for +Damage on off-hand items
- An additional sortable column has been added which will allow players to sort returned results by one of their indicated Preferred Stats
- To switch between Preferred Stats, right-click on the column and choose from the available drop-down menu
- The Preferred Stat list is now sorted alphabetically
- An “X”-out button has been added to allow players to quickly reset individual Preferred Stat filters
- A “Search for Similar” option has been added for items in the Sell tab
- Right-clicking on items in the tab and selecting “Search for Similar” will automatically populate the Search tab with that item’s stats as well as perform a search for all items currently up for auction that have similar stats
- When claiming stackable items from the auction house, the claimed items will always attempt to fill out partial stacks completely before moving to an open slot in the stash
- The color-coding for the “Quality” drop-down menu for Pages & Recipes has been updated to match the color-coding for all other categories
- Fixed a bug that was causing the minimum value for the Spirit Regen affix to not filter items correctly
- The “Friend of Friend” feature for finding and adding Real ID friends is now available for Diablo III
- A new item delivery system has been added that will allow Blizzard to send license-based items directly to players (for example, Collector’s Edition rewards)
- An Achievement button has been added to the in-game navigation tray
- Players can now link Achievements in chat
- Players can now customize their banner in-game while in town
- Each banner reward type now has sub-categories organized by the content they were rewarded from (Hardcore, Crafting, Challenges, etc.)
- New unlocked banner rewards are now highlighted so they can be found more easily
- Players can now change font color (per channel) and size
- Clicking on items linked in chat will now provide a comparison tooltip based on what you are currently wearing
- Several additional improvements have been made to in-game chat to increase usability
*Leaving a multiplayer game will no longer remove you from the party. This means that players can leave the game to browse the Auction House or switch characters without being removed from the group (picking a hardcore character or a character not eligible to go back into the game, however, will disable the “Resume Game” button)
*To leave a party while in-game, right-click on your hero portrait and select “Leave Game & Party”
*To leave a party while in the hero screen, right-click on your hero and select “Leave Party”
- Bosses will now drop improved loot the first time they are killed in each difficulty
- All characters have had their “first kill” status reset for all bosses in the game
Azmodan should no longer be able to cast Flame Meteors or continue channeling his Laser attack while stunned
- Defensive bonuses provided by certain class skills have been reduced. To learn more about these changes and why they were made, click here!
Battle Rage (db)
Duration increased from 30 seconds to 120 seconds
Increased Critical Hit chance is now based on the amount of Fury the player has when Hammer of the Ancients is activated:
For every 5 Fury a player has, Hammer of the Ancients has a 1% increased Critical Hit chance
Skill Rune – Smash (db)
The radius of Smash has been slightly increased to help resolve an issue that caused Hammer of the Ancients to occasionally miss targets immediately in front of the player
Skill Rune –