Blizzard posted news that some of the Witch Doctor’s (most powerful) mechanics are currently disabled in the giant new patch. Disabled Witch Doctor Mechanics on the PTR: Too Powerful?
As some of you might have noticed already, we’ve disabled a few mechanics in the most recent PTR build. These changes are temporary and were implemented in order to address some active bugs associated with these mechanics.
We are currently working to address active PTR bugs with the following mechanics:
- Carnevil‘s Legendary ability
- Legendary Affix: Your Fetishes shoot a Poison Dart every time you do.
- Fierce Loyalty (Witch Doctor passive)
- You can have 1 additional Zombie Dog summoned at one time. While you have a Zombie Dog, Gargantuan, or Fetish following you and not in combat, your movement speed is increased by 30%.
- Bane of the Powerful (Legendary Gem)
- Gain 30% increased damage for 20 seconds after killing an elite pack.
As a result, these mechanics have been temporarily disabled in the most recent PTR build. Witch Doctors, please note that you will still be able to equip Carnevil; however, the mask will not cause Fetishes to shoot poison darts when the player does. Similarly, Fierce Loyalty will continue to provide your hero an extra Zombie Dog, but all other conferred bonuses will not be available.
Again, these are only temporary changes. We are looking to re-enable all three mechanics in the next PTR build.
I added to the blue with bullets explaining what each of those items/skills does. They’re not quite related, but obviously center on pet damage stuffs and boosts from Elite killing. Some related patch changes:
- Fetishes spawned by The Gidbinn should now work with the Fierce Loyalty passive and Carnevil’s Legendary Power
- Poison Dart: Flaming Dart — Weapon damage increased from 425% to 565% over 4 seconds.
- Legendary Gem: Enforcer, Has been redesigned
- Increases the damage of your pets by 25% (Previously boosted pet critical damage.)
Carnevil is an interesting case, since I’ve heard WD players complain about it… that it’s too good! That the power of adding a Poison Dart to every Fetish makes it so strong that any other WD helm/build feels inadequate. Poison Dart in general didn’t get a damage buff in this patch, but the other changes were increasing synergies between various effects and the WD’s fetishes. Blizzard says these features are disabled due to bugs, but it seems to me they would all have made WDs with Fetishes hugely more powerful.
So maybe this “temporary disabled” is mostly about making some adjustments to keep WD pets from being incredibly powerful in this patch, since players would have howled next patch when those super abilities got nerfed? Any expert WDs want to weigh in on the comments, I’m sure the rest of us would appreciate it.Related to this article