Update: In an interesting twist of events, servers are already online! A full 2.5 hours ahead of schedule.
The patch notes have been posted! There aren’t many exciting changes in the official notes, but it is always possible that UI updates and other aesthetics changes aren’t documented as well. We’ll know for sure when the patch goes live at 9PM PST assuming all goes well.
- All characters have been wiped. Please note that this wipe will also affect gold, items, auctions, achievements, followers, and artisans.
- A new feature has been added that allows players to view their FPS while in game
- To access this feature, hit Ctrl+R (for PC) or CMD+R (for Mac) while playing
- The cooldown on swapping skills while in Normal difficulty has been decreased from 15 seconds to 5 seconds
- Active Skills
- Active Skills
- Discipline cost decreased from 8 to 6
- Smoke Screen
- Discipline cost decreased from 18 to 14
- Duration decreased from 3 seconds to 2 seconds
- Now provides a 10% movement speed boost while invisible
- Can now be used while under the effects of crowd control abilities
- Using Smoke Screen will break the effects of crowd control, as well as cause your character to be immune to additional crowd control abilities for its duration
- Discipline cost decreased from 10 to 8
- Active Skills
- Gold and material cost for crafting recipes have been adjusted
- The chance of salvaging Rate materials from Magic items has been increased
- Class-specific items no longer have the chance to be generated with affixes that cannot be used by that specific class
- For example, “Increased Hatred Regeneration” will no longer appear on Wands
- Demon Hunter one-handed Crossbows have received a damage buff
- Spirit regeneration on Monk items has been increased
- Slow, stun, and other movement-impairing effects are now more effective on Treasure Goblins
- In response, Treasure Goblins will now sprint away for a moment after being hit
- Scavenger monsters will now burrow less often
- Zombies will no longer feast on corpses unless they are full health
- This is to address an issue which was preventing zombies’ enrage timer from resetting correctly
For a full list of documented game and service bugs, please review the Known Issues sticky located in the Beta Bug Report forum.
- Players can now queue for Public Games on “Reign of the Black King” after killing the Skeleton King
- Players queuing for a specific Public Games quest should no longer be placed into groups on a different quest
- Being hit with a knockback ability while using Tempest Rush will no longer disconnect you from Battle.net
- Placeholder text should no longer appear when looking at deceased Hardcore characters in the Hall of Fallen Heroes
- There should no longer be a delay when accessing the Auction House
- The female monk should now properly play her “Not Enough Resources” error message instead of her “Invalid Location” error message when attempting to perform an ability without the required amount of resources available
- Items with affixes that reduce resource costs will now correctly reduce the minimum amount of a resource required to perform a skill
- Several Simple and Advanced tooltips have received grammar corrections
- Detailed list of skill changes in easy to see before and after table.
- Observations of other changes not listed in patch notes.