Dozens of reports of Diablo 3 connection and play issues today, with Blue replies from the midst of the fray.
We are currently addressing an issue which resulted in widespread latency and general login issues across both North America and Europe. Although NA appears to be recovering, we are still working to resolve this service interruption for both gameplay regions and will be sure to provide an update as soon as we can.
Thank you for your patience!
Hi all, the recent issue that affected logins for US has been addressed – we are continuing to address the issue in EU. For anyone who continues to experience ongoing latency, please share your trace route in the following technical support thread.
Thank you! So as to keep the reports consolidated, this thread will now be locked.
So, it’s all better now, then? Explanations of the problem are not yet forthcoming, which leaves open space for conspiracy theorists who — like Rush Limbaugh asserting everything is related to a Benghazi coverup — can insert wild tales about why Blizzard would want to block their customers from accessing their own product. I don’t mind though, since such posts make forum scrolling a bit more amusing.
The problem was hitting EU as well, and here’s some of the fact finding Blizzard tech guys delved into.
We’d like to collect some info from users recently experiencing a certain type of performance issue.
Symptoms include player “rubberbanding” Another example would be the Belial cutscene where he changes. He may just sit there doing nothing for about 10 seconds, then resume normally. Your ping may still be generally stable but sometimes it may spike when the server acts up, but not always.
Steps to take and info to provide:
- Launch Diablo 3 and connect to battle.net
- Create a game
- Alt+tab out of the game and open a command prompt
- Run the netstat command and wait for the command to finish running
- In the list of connections there should either be a 199.108.32-35.x :1119 or 12.130.245-247.x :1119
- Please copy down the IP address listed above
- Run a pathping to the IP addressCopy and paste the results into an email and send to [email protected] attn: Omrakos
- Go to <a href=”http://www.whatsmyip.org/ or a similar site and add your external IP address to the email please.
* Update – IP address in step 5 was changed
Also, instead of posting the info here in this thread, in order to make posting your external IP address easier/safer, please send the info asked for via an email to [email protected] attn: Omrakos and I’ll send it to the network admins requesting it.
I’m going to hide all of the posts received thus far but not delete them as many already have valid data that can be checked.
Anyone get their play time blocked by this all day? And if so, what reparations would you demand as justice?Related to this article