Diablo 3 Season One Ends Today

Time to turn over a new leaf.

Time to turn over a new leaf.

The first Diablo 3 Season is ending today, February 3rd. If you’ve been meaning to make one last push for a higher spot on the Leaderboard, before the S1 rankings are forever archived in digital stone, better get to it. Here’s the schedule for the end of S1.

Season 1 will be ending at the following dates and times for each region:

• North America: Tuesday, February 3 @ 4:00 p.m. PST
  • Europe: Wednesday, February 4 @ 4:00 p.m. CET
  • Asia: Wednesday, February 4 @ 4:00 p.m. KST
  • Season 2 will be starting shortly after at the following dates and times for each region:

• North America: Friday, February 13 @ 6:00 p.m. PST
  • Europe: Friday, February 13 @ 6:00 p.m. CET
  • Asia: Friday, February 13 @ 6:00 p.m. KST
  • Even if you’re not up for a last GRift-fest, you might want to dig into your pre-seasonal characters and sort some gear, chuck out old equipment you’ve improved upon with your seasonal performance, and just generally prepare. As Thulsa Doom said, “The Great Merging is at last at hand!” Of course he meant it as a euphemism, and was preparing to send his brainwashed followers out to murder everyone they’d ever loved, but it’s the same principle in Diablo 3.

When are you ever going to use those old, crappy, pre-Legendary Gem rings and amulets anyway? Might as well churn them now, to make space to import your seasonal gear. And the same goes for your seasonal stuff; if you haven’t used it yet, you’re probably not going to, and with 10 stash pages going into five, it’s like moving back home after graduating college and failing to find a job; Mom’s basement ain’t got no bigger while you was away at State U.

Tagged As: | Categories: Blue Posts, Diablo 3 Seasons, Leaderboards

Comments

You're not logged in. Register or login to post a comment.
    1. Why 4pm PST for it to end and not the normal patch time? I swear blizzard gets off trying to see exactly how long they can get for people to wait for things.

• I guess to give people a day to prepare? Though it's odd they didn't do this switchover at the same time as the usual maintenance. Technical reasons?

2. So at 4pm PST, can I start gambling on my non-season crusader for the fryder's wrath shield?

• I'd wait for official word. Won't be surprised if there's some downtime as they merge the databases and make sure the seasonal items are findable for Era characters.

3. My non-seasonal stash has a couple thousand rift tokens leftover from when it cost 5 to open a rift, and it took days of split bounties to try to get a RoRG.

4. wait, so you can stash gear up to 10 tabs in stash in season?

5. No its 5 in seasonal and 5 non-seasonal merging into just 5 total.

6. you will have 30 days to move items that are sitting in little emails at the bottom left of your screen. That is how they did PTR near the end. Should be the same here. just don’t forget to move the items.

7. i simply suggest muling your toons with stash items, whether live or season to clear potential clutter.

8. I got on my Era characters this morning and was amazed at what junk their gear and stash contents were. Not sure if I'm proud of how much better stuff I've found in Seasons, or ashamed of the crap I was using 6 months ago. Hardly anything worth saving other than mats, gems, and rift keys.

In any event, it was very easy to dump most of my pre-seasonal stash and delete chars of duplicate classes, as they were geared in totally inadequate fashion to have any value now.

I suppose some players will have quality gear from 6m ago and from today, and will have trouble fitting it all into their stash, but it was much less of an issue for me than I'd expected.

9. First night after the end of season 1, upgraded a bunch of gem and felt a bit short of cash with my former season 1 Wizard, so I put on Goldwraps and my Boon of the Hoarder (only rank 5), and went outside Tristam to kill some easy monsters. A treasure goblin shows up… and the portal to Greed’s Domain! About 45 million gold total.

Yes, and quite a bit of stuff from the regular stash, which seemed pretty decent last time I saw it, looked like trash now and got chucked.

10. Lol, I'm still gonna play some S1 today 😀

11. Yesterday evening it was a mad dash for the leaderboards. Lots of records and lots of deaths, good fun 😀 Managed #10 HC Monk on EU non-season, will see how far I get in Era 2.

Goodbye Era 1, hail Era 2 🙂

12. Funny the things I found on dusty mules…..old school Skull Grasp that reduces cost of Chakram by 4 hatred. Bunch of oldschool MF ammys too. Still had my vanilla hand xbows, which I just melted down.

Been playing DHs from the get go. I don't have a lot of time to play, but think I'll make a HC seasonal DH this time. D2 HC was so much fun.

Comments are closed.