Diablo.IncGamers.com was the first place on and offline to announce Diablo III (Rush boldly did it the night before the official reveal once snippets of info started leaking on to the Net), back in June 2008. At that time we *knew* it was coming; it was not a guess. We’re not as certain about this prediction, which is why it’s classed as a RUMOUR, but various inside sources have given us strong hints that next Monday, March 5th, should be a very interesting day for Diablo III news.
Details and tea leaf readings:
With CeBit starting on March 6th, the quote from Jay´s latest blog “you can seriously expect a launch-date announcement from us in the near future. See, I didn’t say “soon,” so I’m not taunting you.” and the coming start of the EU Beta the March 5th date for announcement seems likely.
Blizzard announced Diablo III back in 2008 at WWI in Paris, France. An announcement from the Cebit show would bring things full circle back to the EU. Here’s what Jay said and we’ve heard privately about the current state of the game:
- Non-US servers deployment has been delayed.
- Almost all systems are in a “ready to ship” phase.
- The remaining problems come from the runes system, and the Auction House which is still quite buggy.
- Battle.net server’s infrastructure is suffering.
- Global server infrastructure should be done by end of March / early April.
- They are aiming at end of April / early May for a possible release date.
We have also heard mutterings from sources that the release could be sometime around mid to late April but we’ll know very shortly if this is correct.Related to this article