You’ll have seen all the images released from the PAX east yesterday no doubt but an even better demonstration of Diablo 3 on the Playstation is this video Blizzard have released today. It features all five classes in various furious-paced boss battles and a fleeting glimpse of interaction with the radial UI interaction.
Thanks to Muriel for alerting me to this.
Edit: trocadero commented that there is also a 10 minute video of a guy playing at the event. Matthew Berger, Blizzard Senior Designer talks through the design features.
Points to note:
- Less loot but better rolls.
- Monster AI changed so they don’t rush you as fast.
- Boss fights changed. “We changed the boss fights to feel more like console boss fights“
- Pick up items. You can equip it right away with a button press and scroll through what you have picked up without opening the inventory.
- Inventory changed to radial. Choose item slot and the game will only show items you can equip in that slot, with green or red arrows showing stat changes.
- No skill cooldown when changing skills.
- Skills inventory only shows simplified skill text.
- Camera is closer in on the action.
Feel free to add your own observations in the comments – “suxor” doesn’t count. Go sit in the corner if you thought it.