It was depressing to see that Diablo 3 didn’t get much of a mention in the opening ceremony; it really does feel like the bastard child Blizzard wants to keep locked in the cellar. Despite it being pretty much ignored at the start of the event, the Blood and Treasure panel did bring a load of new information for Diablo 3 patch 2.4 and there’s a lot of changes and new content coming. No hint of an expansion at all but perhaps Blizzard has had a rethink about how they want to introduce content and how often based on the additional content being added in patches.
If you didn’t get a chance to watch the panel then you can watch the whole thing after the break, but to summarise, this is what’s coming in 2.4. Note the PTR for 2.4 will launch next week following a “brief” technical test which takes place on Monday.
- New Zone – Greyhollow Island
- New Areas – Royal Quarters & Eternal Woods
- New Events
- 16 New monsters
- 175 New Bounties
- Empowered Rifts
- Buff UI Overhaul
- New Kanai’s Cube Recipe.
- 50+new Legendary Items with 10 revised sets.
- 24 new Set Dungeons. Four for each class.
- Sean Journey Improvements
- Rebirth Feature.
- Season 5 will be 3 months long. If this works it will be set in stone for future seasons.
- News Cosmetics Cycle.
- Guaranteed Legendary Set.
- New Stash Tab for everyone with additional tabs available which have to be earned in Season Journey.
Update: Blizzard has now pumped up a page for 2.4.