Diablo 3 Patch 2.0.5 is on the servers and will be active later today when the server downtime ends. There was no hint of it in the realm maintenance post, but an EU CM gave some hints, and the patch is being datamined to give us hints of the contents that have to tide us over until the official patch notes go live.
It’s mostly a bug fix and balancing/adjustment patch, so don’t expect huge changes or big new features (those will come in 2.1, which will get PTR testing before it goes live). There are a fair number of class skill changes, mostly to the still-under-construction Crusader, but almost all the skill changes for every class are just tweaks to damage or elemental type.
The other patch changes are a mixture of bug-fixes we’ve already been promised, plus a few minor new features and community buffs. Here’s a rundown.
- Buffed drop rates for legendaries from Horadric Caches. (They run about 1/10 to 1/15 bags currently, according to player testing.
- Caches reflecting the difficulty they are farmed on, which will give them the potential to drop Torment-only items and Imperial Gems.
- Cheaper gem unsocketing
- More Blood Shards from Rift Guardians on higher Torments.
- A buffed chance for Chiltara to spawn in the Ice Caverns.
- A fix to an old bug that causes weapons with elemental damage to not work with the +damage% affix.
- A fix to make sources and mojos roll the correct damage.
- New types of community buffs. (It’s not known when/how often these will be active.) They include periods of increased legendary drop rates, Blood Shard and Rift Key bonuses, and boosted Gold Find. The best one promises to make all Treasure Goblins spawn in pairs, which should liven things up considerably.
- Full details on all this should come in a matter of hours, when the patch goes live and the official notes are available.
Update: The official 2.0.5 patch notes have now been released by Blizzard.Related to this article