Flux is joined by JrMint and Katniss for Diablo 3 console podcast talk. Both guests are big fans, much preferring it to the PC version. Topics include difficulty, interface pros/cons, the joys of self finding awesome legendaries, no regrets for the lack of an AH, and boss battle changes.
Contest! Win a copy of the Diablo 3 console for the PS3 or Xbox360. Rules on how to enter can be heard in the podcast. Entries must be posted in comments to this post. Three winners will be selected this Friday, so enter now and check back on Friday to see if you’ve won, so I can get your mailing address to send you your copy of the game.
- 0:20 — Intro and show outline: JrMint returns and Katniss makes his first podcast appearance. Contest tease!
- 1:25 — Both guests give their Diablo 3 console first impressions. Both love it; finding constant legendary upgrades. Account-wide console paragon level details. (It’s not Paragon 2.0, but all max level characters share the same Paragon level.)
- 7:30 — Difficulty and monster density; fewer enemies and slower leveling on high MP levels (compared to the PC density)?
- 11:00 — Amazing legendary gear quality. Immortal King Chest with over 400 to Vit and Str. JrMint’s Paragon 6 Barb: 184k DPS, 53k HPs. Katniss’ Paragon 21 Barb: 260k DPS and 95 HPs. Huge +armor rolls on most gear as well, so Katniss’ Barb had 11,000 armor at one point.
- 14:00 — Legendary items found throughout; higher level items scaled down to early on and lower level legendaries scaled up. Many of the best Diablo 3 console end game items in use are low level legendaries scaled up to Inferno quality stats. Does this make it too hard to find any specific legendary item, with so many in the drop pool?
- 23:30 — Difficulty levels on the console. How does it compare to the PC and how is it scaling up? Changes to boss battles: minions for Azmodan and SiegeBreaker. Inferno elites have only 3 affixes rather than 4 as on the PC — makes a big difference.
- 33:00 — Multplayer? Neither guest has done any MP yet, online or couch mode. Both are worried about online play for hacking; tons of hacked items already in circulation thanks to the not-online non-security. The joys of playing while lying on a couch. Different forms of carpal tunnel from all the thumb-playing? Difficulties with Cheetos and Mt. Dew spills?
- 37:45 — Console controls. Evade envy?
- 43:00 — Console inventory and interface issues = some complaints. Unequip follower items in order to socket them. No display of specific stats on gear while salvaging. Sorting gear quality in the field or in town?
- 52:00 — Contest details. Compose a Diablo-themed haiku to win one of 3 copies of the Diablo 3 console on PS3 or Xbox360. Listen to this part for the rules, or you will not win.
- 53:30 — Ongoing console plans. Pushing one main char? Playing a variety of classes? Both guests are very pleased with console and no plans to return to PC version until Reaper of Souls.
The Diablo 3 Podcast Episode Guide in DiabloWiki.net provides download links to every show, plus quick summaries.
- Listen and subscribe through iTunes.
- View video versions of all The Diablo Podcasts on You Tube, via our all-encompassing Diablo3Inc channel.
- Get the Podcast RSS feed
Monday, 23 Sept 2013: Sorry for the delay, but contest winners have now been selected. I freely admit to no appreciation of poetry, but haikus are different. I read them all and sent my 10 faves to a couple of friends and collated their picks into the winners. Tigerpaw’s was the group’s favorite. Subtle with allusions, plus footprints!
Beauty from the past
Stole the heart of proud Kormac
Steps unseen are shown
The judges also appreciated the efforts of Haken, eddie11c, Grincho, Gyeon, wolfraam, and saroorhai. All those entrants have been sent an email and at least 2 of them will win copies of the Diablo 3 console. (If you are one of those users and didn’t get an email today from [email protected] about the contest, let me know.)
Currently the prizes are 2 PS3 and 1 Xbox360 copies of the Diablo 3 console game. This is why there’s only one certain winner. The alternate winners will be awarded by prize availability. It’s possible we’ll get more copies to give out, either in this contest or a future giveaway, so there may be more than 3 winners here.