Dates: Season 3 End, Season 4 Start

"Soon."

“Soon.”

The patch is progressing and testing continues, but Blizzard is confident things can be wrapped up soon, and they’ve just revealed that the end is near. Dates: Season 3 End, Season 4 Start:

Season 3 will be ending at the following dates and times for each region:

• North America: Sunday, August 23 @ 5:00 p.m. PDT
  • Europe: Sunday, August 23 @ 5:00 p.m. CEST
  • Asia: Sunday, August 23 @ 5:00 p.m. KST
  • Season 4 will be starting shortly after at the following dates and times for each region:

• North America: Friday, August 28 @ 5:00 p.m. PDT
  • Europe: Friday, August 28 @ 5:00 p.m. CEST
  • Asia: Friday, August 28 @ 5:00 p.m. KST
  • For time zone assistance, click here. We look forward to seeing you in Season 4!

That’s exactly 14 days from now, so the two week warning was precise. Also nice to see that Blizzard has kept alive their streak of starting new seasons on weekends when I have to work IRL; they’re a perfect 4/4 on that! Hopefully the rest of you have some spare time the evening of Friday the 28th, and can gogorushrush into S4. Progression is a lot of fun and a lot different this patch, with the Cube and the new Horadric Cache materials, and the end of Grift slow rolling, etc.

Who has S4 rush plans, and who is just eager to power up their current characters with the Cube and boost their best Grift by about 8 levels, come August 23rd?

Full details about season ending and account merging, etc:

Season 3 Ending Soon

DS3GIJ91C3J71428625246585

The time draws near, nephalem. New heroes have come and gone, Conquests have been conquered, Greater Rift levels have been crushed, and Leaderboards have been filled to the brim.

If you haven’t experienced the end of a Season, there’s a lot to know about what happens to your gear, progress, and characters. Don’t fret! We’re here to give you a full overview of what to expect and fill you in on the details of when the current Season will end and the next one will begin.

The Season Rollover:

Those who have played through a few Seasons know there has been no shortage of gold, gear, or Paragon levels to grind. So what happens to all that hard earned progress when a Season ends? In short, you get to keep just about all of it.

Here’s a list of all the rewards from this Season you can expect your non-Seasonal heroes to enjoy:

Heroes

• Seasonal heroes will be converted to either non-Seasonal Normal or Hardcore mode heroes, as appropriate. There’s no need to delete any characters to make room for them; your Seasonal heroes will continue to use the same slot they currently occupy in your roster after the rollover.
  • Gold

• Any gold you earn during the Season will transfer to your non-Seasonal heroes.
  • Paragon Experience

• The total amount of Paragon experience earned is the amount that rolls over, not your raw total amount of Paragon levels gained.
  • For example, if your Seasonal heroes reached Paragon 300, but your current non-Seasonal heroes are already Paragon 400, your new non-Seasonal Paragon level will still be less than Paragon 700 since higher Paragon levels take more experience to earn.
  • Blood Shards

• Similar to gold, any Blood Shards you have available at the end of the Season will transfer to your non-Seasonal heroes.
  • If your non-Seasonal heroes are currently at the Blood Shard cap, any Blood Shards you earn once the Season ends will temporarily ignore the cap. You can spend these at your leisure; however, note that you cannot pick up any additional Blood Shards until you are below your current cap.
  • Items

• Items that are currently equipped on a hero or in that hero’s inventory will stay on that hero as it moves to a non-Seasonal game mode.
  • Items that are in your Seasonal stash will be sent through the in-game mail system to your non-Seasonal heroes. These items can be claimed by any non-Seasonal hero for up to 30 days from the time you first log in after the Season ends. To access these items, enter a game and hit the Mail icon located in the lower-left corner of your screen to open up your inbox.
  • Artisan Progress and Recipes

• If your Seasonal Artisans are a higher level than your non-Seasonal Artisans at the end of the Season, their level will transfer to your non-Seasonal Artisans.
  • Any recipes you have on your Seasonal Artisans that are not available to your non-Seasonal Artisans will be transferred as well.
  • Shared Stash

• Any Shared Stash slots or tabs you purchase during a Season that are not currently available to your non-Seasonal heroes will be transferred accordingly.
  • Achievements

• Any Achievements or Achievement progress made during the Season is automatically applied to your non-Seasonal Achievement profile. This happens in real time and does not require the Season to end first. Your Achievement point total is also updated appropriately throughout the Season.
  • Season 3 Rewards

• All players who reach level 70 on a hero in Season 3 will unlock exclusive Chest and Glove transmogrification appearances. These appearances will unlock immediately upon hitting level 70 on a Seasonal hero, and will be available on Seasonal and non-Seasonal heroes alike (even before the Season concludes). To access your new appearances, simply visit Miriam the Mystic and open the Transmogrification tab.
  • In addition, a unique portrait frame and pennant are available for players who go the extra mile to earn a few achievements. These will become immediately available account-wide upon being unlocked and can be equipped to your character by visiting the Wardrobe next to the Mystic:
  • 100: Seasonal Pennant
  • 400: Seasonal Portrait Frame
  • Note that all heroes, rewards, and progress will convert to the appropriate non-Seasonal game mode. Any items, gold, Paragon experience, Achievements, Artisan levels or recipes, Stash space, and Blood Shards earned on Normal Seasonal heroes with transfer to your Normal non-Seasonal heroes when the season is over. Similarly, anything you’ve earned on Hardcore Seasonal heroes will transfer to your Hardcore non-Season heroes instead.

Season 3 Conquests:

Unlike other rewards, Conquests do not roll over at the end of the Season (because they aren’t available to non-Seasonal heroes). This also means that your non-Seasonal Achievement point total will not be affected by any Conquests you earn during a Season.

Worry not; your mighty deeds will still be chronicled in the Records page of your profile for you to view at any time!

K573GKLDLULU1418849476836

Season 3 Leaderboards:

Once the Season ends, all Seasonal Leaderboards will be wiped and you will be unable to attain new Leaderboard ranks until the next Season begins. The results of the previous Season’s Leaderboards will remain available for viewing in-game. Once the new Season begins, a handy drop-down menu will allow you swap between the current and previous Season records.

Don’t forget that you can also view current and past Leaderboards right here on our website.

The non-Seasonal Greater Rift Leaderboard will be unaffected by the end of Season and you’ll still be able to compete on them with your non-Seasonal heroes (including those who have just rolled over). These Leaderboards will be reset at a later date; we’ll have more information available as the end of the Era draws nearer!

28PNJX7S24FO1418849476822

Season 3 End & Season 4 Start Dates:

There will be a short period of time between when a Season ends and the next begins. During this time, you’ll be able to sort through your rollover rewards and review your progress on the Leaderboards. It’s a great time to reflect on the accomplishments you’ve made and enjoy the culmination of your pre and post-Season loot hunts!

Season 3 will be ending at the following dates and times for each region:

• North America: Sunday, August 23 @ 5:00 p.m. PDT
  • Europe: Sunday, August 23 @ 5:00 p.m. CEST
  • Asia: Sunday, August 23 @ 5:00 p.m. KST

• North America: Friday, August 28 @ 5:00 p.m. PDT
  • Europe: Friday, August 28 @ 5:00 p.m. CEST
  • Asia: Friday, August 28 @ 5:00 p.m. KST

Ready for the Rollover?

How have you fared during Season 3? What was the highest Greater Rift you reached? Did you complete any Conquests? Any other exciting accomplishments to share?

Let us know in the comments and prepare yourself—Season 3 is just around the corner!

Excite?

Tagged As: | Categories: Blue Posts, Diablo 3 Seasons

Comments

You're not logged in. Register or login to post a comment.
    1. Can’t say I’ll be playing Seasons, although I’ll be happy to finally get spirit guards for my non seasonal Monk. Then it’s waiting four more months to get the next seasonal legendary items.

#stuck in a time warp 4 months in the past.

2. Both! I'm really looking forward to s4 after mostly skipping s3, but I think I'll keep playing the non-season ones as well with all the new stuff in 2.3. Super excite.I'm still not sure what class I'm going to play though. #firstworldproblems

3. Will start playing again for S4.  Stopped S3 around 400 paragon.  In the meantime, I am currently playing Diablo 4 aka Clicker Heroes.

4. And now the struggle of trying to pick a new class for the season begins. I don’t even have a clue who I want to run this time.

• It really comes down to wanting the new stuff for a class you're familiar with, or trying something different to get you out of your comfort zone. I'm leaning towards the latter… for now.

• I'd like to play a WD or maybe Wiz (or both?) for a change.  It's hard to shift though; I know DHs so well and (more or less) enjoy all the DH sets and play styles, so I can gear up so much more quickly on that class.   And since I play HC, there are penalties for inexperience and failure.

That said, I've already done 3 DHs from scratch in S4 on the PTR, so I've pretty well got that experience down. And since I have to work the weekend the patch goes live, and I'm very busy IRL of late, it's not like I'll be P500 in record time anyway.

• Literally the same, everytime a season starts, that's my weekend in work. How very unhelpful to my life. Although like you, I'm busy with a new baby and life and stuffs! Can't compete with these 17 year olds like I once was.

• I tried a crusader on the PTR and now I hesitate between doing another on live or trying a WD. But I do not like pet builds. Has some of you tried a WD on the PTR and tried such a build?Of course I'll continue my ungeared characters.

• @sutasafaia: There's six heroes – just roll D6 :)For me it will be a toss-up between the monk and crusader. Like Flux I want to try something other than DH 🙂

5. Are we sure patch 2.3 will be available on 8/23?

6. I'm away for the long weekend in the UK the day season 4 starts. Hopefully this won't be one of those mega short seasons! Just need to decide between playing Witch Doctor or Monk…

7. Being a hardcore player I am worried about this new patch and the greater effectiveness of reflects damage. Having to focus all my damage down onto 1 or 2 elements so I can then fill up my amulet slot with immunity of the same element just to not die when encountering them seems pretty rough tbh.

8. Wow, it’s almost exactly a year since season 1 started, I know because I always holiday at the end of August. Annoyingly, one of the other seasons also clashed with on of my holidays, so I’ve only actually been able to start the season once with everyone else. 🙁

Comments are closed.