A new version of the v1.13 patch has now gone live on the Patch Test Realm. The read me is largely identical to the v1.13a patch, but there are some added fixes (including TPPK!). Refer back to our original post on December 10, 2009 for for the v1.13a readme.txt to compare the changes and see the initial fan reactions.
Here are the major bug fixes of v1.13b. Only the first 2 were listed in the v1.13a readme. Click through for the full patch text. See the comments of this post for full lists of what’s changed between the v1.13a and v1.13b patches.
- Major Bugs
- Fixed an item dupe bug.
- Video improvements for Intel Mac machines with OS 10.5 or greater.
- Fixed an issue where some players could kill other players while in town (“TPPK”).
- Fixed an issue where some players could disconnect other players when they had too many active states.
- Fixed two issues where players could stack auras in an unintended way.
Full v1.13b patch text.
Please refer to the original 1.13 PTR FAQ for general testing information—http://forums.battle.net/thread.html?topicId=21730644778&sid=3000
– Patch 1.13b
A new Mystery has been revealed!
– Adventurers of Sanctuary are hereby warned once again, that a new challenge awaits you. Within Diablo’s Bosses, spanning across the world from the ancient Monastery Catacombs to the Throne of Destruction, is where you’ll find what you seek…
– Fixed an item dupe bug.
– Video improvements for Intel Mac machines with OS 10.5 or greater.
– Fixed an issue where some players could kill other players while in town (“TPPK”).
– Fixed an issue where some players could disconnect other players when they had too many active states.
– Fixed two issues where players could stack auras in an unintended way.
– Uber Mephisto now checks for both Uber Baal and Uber Diablo to be killed
before spawning summoned minions (Before he would only check for Uber Baal).
– The game will no longer stop and then restart the game music after the
window loses and then regains focus.
– Fixed an issue where the game window would minimize when running in
windowed mode when it lost focus.
– Fixed an issue where the game window wouldn’t center properly when it
– Fangskin should now properly drop loot in Hell difficulty.
– Fixed an issue where auras were not re-applied to your mercenary after
it was resurrected.
– Fixed an issue where if you had two items which provided two auras to
a mercenary and you unequipped one, the aura from the remaining
item never became active.
– Fixed an issue where the Paladin class runeword ‘Principle’ wasn’t
having all of its stats applied properly.
– Respecialization is now possible! Completing the ‘Den of Evil’ quest
will now additionally reward 1 free respec which can be saved. Players
who have already completed this quest should receive 1 free respec in
– Increased the drop rate of high runes.
– Support for blit scaling in windowed mode. The game can now be
maximized to the largest 4:3 resolution supported (hooray widescreen users).
– Some rare drop items now have an orange color. i.e. Runes and items
required for Uber Tristam.
– Modified the gold bank limit to be a flat cap not bound by level.
– Removed the requirements to create a hardcore character.
– Greatly reduced the explosion damage dealt by Fire Enchanted monsters.
– Uber Mephisto and Uber Baal’s summoned minions no longer give experience.
– Removed Oblivion Knight’s Iron Maiden curse.
– Hellfire Torch Firestorm proc rate has been reduced to 5%.
– Users can now toggle the display of text over the Health and Mana
globes by clicking on the bottom area of each orb.
– When creating a single player game, pressing the ‘Enter’ key now
automatically creates a Hell difficulty game if possible.
– When creating a game, each difficulty button is now bound to a unique
key: Normal ‘R’, Nightmare ‘N’, and Hell ‘H’.
– The ‘Enter Chat’ Button in the battle.net waiting room is now
bound to the ‘Enter’ key.
– Added the windows system buttons to the game window (MIN, MAX, CLOSE).
– Added new command line parameter ‘-nofixaspect’ which allows users to
not fix the aspect ratio to 4:3 when maximizing windowed mode.
This lets the game ‘stretch’ to fill your monitor.
– Added support for ‘-sndbkg’ command line switch. This enables sound
– Added the following aliases for pre-existing command line options,
‘-nosound’, ‘-window’, and ‘-windowed’.
Revised Skill balance for Player Character classes
– Immolation Arrow – Increased radius of Explosion effect by 33% and
Immolation effect by 50%.
– Immolation Arrow – Explosion effect damage increased by 20%.
– Immolation Arrow – Increased base duration by 33%.
– Dragon Claw – Synergy receives 4% additional damage per point of Claw Mastery.
– Dragon Talon – The bonus to Attack Rating per point has been increased to 35.
– Shadow Master – Increased resistance range per point from 5-80 to 5-90.
– Combo points awarded by combo moves now last 15 seconds, up from 9.
– Whirlwind – Reduced initial mana cost by 50%.
– Masteries – Changed critical strike chance from 0-25 to 0-35.
– Blessed Hammer – No longer ignores resistances of undead and demons.
– Werebear – Damage bonus increased by 15% across all ranks.
– Werebear – Increased health by 25% and armor by 1% per point.
– Shockwave – Synergy from Maul adds 5% damage per point.
– Blood Golem – Removed negative shared life effect (player no longer
loses life when golem takes damage).
– Corpse Explosion – Increased base damage dealt from 60% – 100%
to 70% – 120% of corpses health.
– Poison Nova – Increased base damage by 15%.
– Firewall – Synergy receives 1% damage per point of Inferno and
4% per point of Warmth.
– Blaze – Synergy receives 1% damage per point of Firewall
and 4% per point of Warmth.
– Hydra – Increased base damage by 15% per rank.
– Hydra – Increased base speed of Hydra projectile.
– Hydra – Reduced cooldown by 25%.