With all the excitement of what is to come with the first content patch for Reaper of Souls it would be easy to overlook one of the less fleshed-out aspects to the game. Clan support finally made it in to a Diablo game but it has been a somewhat lacklustre attempt to satisfy the fans. Clan tags and chat are the two useful aspects but not much else. Enkeria asked if Clans would receive any attention in Patch 2.1. In a word “no” but Blizzard are, as always, open to suggestions as Nevalistis explained.
Of course, it’s never too early to hear what you’d like to see added to Clans & Communities. 🙂 We’ve seen a lot of features requested, and we’re actively collecting and passing them on to our development team for consideration. What kind of features would you like to see as a Clan or Community Member? What about as an Officer or Clan/Community Leader?
A few of the suggestions I’ve seen I’d like to see as I think it would make clans more fulfilling for members and easier for officers to manage:
- Ability to see activity of clan member. Even a simple “last on” would help determine if the player plays any more but the number of hours would be more useful if you want to maintain a highly-active clan. The various IncGamers’ clans have to rely on Roll Calls in our Clan Forum.
- Trading between clan members. It could be that the member needs to be a member for a certain amount of days before they can trade with other eligible clan members. This would stop people joining just to trade and then leaving which would open up on the whole can of worms taking us back to open world trading – scams etc.
- Clan bank that gold/shards/keys could be deposited with a record of who deposited and who has withdrawn so leaders can keep an eye out for sticky sausage fingers.
- Some clan achievements would be nice.
- A proper lobby chat where player avatars line the bottom and chat is above. Also to be able to check out the profile of a player and not exit the entire chat when you exit their profile (which currently happens).
I’m sure there are lots of other things that could make the clan experience more enjoyable for members.