Here is a concise summary of most of the information contained in the Blizzcon D3 gameplay panel, excluding the PvP and Demon Hunter information that has already been covered in detail.
– Passive Skills
– Trait “points” Gained as you level (like skill points)
– Alter Core Attributes and mechanics of the class
– Every class has roughly 30 traits, and each trait has a 5 point cap.
– Example trait – Barbarian “Inner Rage”: Reduces the rate of Fury lost and increases Fury gained for hitting the same target.
– Dedcated inventory for charms (eliminates choice between charm power boosts and storage space)
– Charms allow you to customize your core attributes.
– Customize your active skills
– 5 types of skill runes:
– Each rune has 7 ranks, ranks increase as you play.
- Normal (stone): Ranks 1, 2, 3
- Nightmare (silver): Ranks 4, 5
- Hell (gold): Ranks 6, 7
– Rune leveling example: A level-one rune applied to the wizard