The Fifth Unannounced Game Team is looking for a Lead Artist to tackle the guidance of various artists to develop a brand new game. Those who fill the requirements will enjoy good compensation and benefits, besides a boost in reputation working for one of the best game developers in the industry with track records.—Blizzard Jobs.
Do you have a deep passion for creating detailed and inspiring artwork? Does the idea of joining a new team in its early stages and playing a central role in developing its creative vision sound intriguing? Here’s your chance!
Blizzard Entertainment is on the hunt for a creatively minded and driven individual to serve as lead artist for its newest game team. This person will help establish, interpret, and refine the game design by providing inspirational artwork and by guiding the development efforts of a band of internal artists. In this leadership position, the candidate will also play a key role in establishing a culture that fosters the delivery of a new and exciting game experience.
Blizzard Entertainment offers a fun, creative, and technically rewarding environment with excellent compensation and a full range of benefits.
- 5+ years in game development as a concept or production artist
- Strong illustration skills
- Firm understanding of composition principles, effective layout, and color theory
- Ability to champion an established art style and re-imagine/improve it within a new context
- Strong communication skills including the abilities to provide effective written and oral critique, run departmental meetings, and host discussions with external groups
- Solid understanding of the modeling, texturing, animation, and effects capabilities in Maya or equivalent 3D program
- A passion for games
- Have shipped a AAA PC or console title in a lead artist or art director role
- Experience in graphic, product, or industrial design
- Specific focus on 3D drawing ability for environmental and object design
Please send demo reel and descriptions as well as a cover letter, resume, and salary history in separate Word format documents to [email protected]