Blizzard’s job pages have been updated with a new position for Game Director for an unannounced Diablo project.
As with all Blizzard jobs, there’s no real specifics other than they will be required to “lead the Diablo series into the future”. So what does that mean for Josh Mosquiera, and is this for a Diablo 3 expansion or a possible Diablo IV?
It does sound like they are wanting to start afresh which is probably a good idea following the ups and downs of Diablo 3. Take a look at the job requirements after the break and let us know what you think the position is for.
- Be the vision holder for the franchise, setting the creative goals for the team.
- Direct game design while successfully partnering with the production director to deliver and maintain an epic gaming experience.
- Discuss games with the player community via press announcements, forum posts, interviews, and public appearances.
- Maintain an awareness of global player behavior and customs to ensure that design decisions are relevant for international regions.
- Coach and guide creative team members toward achieving their career goals.
- Establish and maintain a creative environment, resolve personnel challenges, motivate qualified developers, and foster a culture of success.
- Knowledgeable and passionate about Diablo games
- A minimum of 5 years’ directing video game development
- Shipped multiple AAA products as a game director or creative director
- Outstanding communications and relationship-building skills
- Recognized ability to guide and inspire large development teams
- Able to work well in a team environment and communicate effectively with all development disciplines: programming, art, design, sound, and production
- Exhibited ability to coach and mentor employees at all levels of an organization
- Great sense for what makes a game fun to play
- Unrelenting self-motivation and initiative
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
Update: Josh Mosquiera leaves Blizzard