Gamescom kicks off next week and Blizzard is gearing up to showcase their titles. It’s no surprise there’s not much for Diablo players.
We’ll kick things off by releasing a special preview video of all the playable content we’ll be showcasing at the event. Be sure to mark your calendar for 18:00 CEST on Monday, August 21, and head to YouTube to watch it.
At 18:0 CEST on Wednesday, August 23, members of our game development teams will take to our main stage for the Blizzard Reveal Ceremony, which will be live-streamed on http://gamescom.blizzard.com.
Throughout gamescom, visitors to the Blizzard booth in Hall 7 of the Koelnmesse will have the chance to play the latest content for Overwatch, Hearthstone, World of Warcraft, Heroes of the Storm, StarCraft II, StarCraft: Remastered, and Diablo III. Of course, we’ll also have some epic entertainment in store, including our Blizzard Cosplay Contest and two performances from Video Games Live—these activities and more will be viewable via live stream on the website.
Our full schedule of activities is now available on http://gamescom.blizzard.com, and you’ll find an overview of each game below.
- The world premiere of a new Overwatch animated short will take place on our main stage and via live stream during the Blizzard Reveal Ceremony on Wednesday, August 23.
- Visitors to the Blizzard booth will be able to experience a brand-new Overwatch map—tune in to our preview video on Monday, August 21 when details will be revealed.
- Hearthstone players can enjoy an early look at new Fireside Gathering features during gamescom, where they’ll join forces in a whole new kind of Fireside Brawl: a group raid against the Lich King.
- We’ll find out which country’s players will rise above the rest as the Hearthstone Global Games Finals take place live on our Hearthstone stage on Friday and Saturday, August 25 and 26—choose your champion to win a card pack, and watch the tournament live-streamed on www.twitch.tv/playhearthstone.
World of Warcraft
- Gamers will be able to group up with other gamescom attendees and run through a dungeon from World of Warcraft’s upcoming Patch 7.3—details about this content update will be unveiled on stage and via live stream during the Blizzard Reveal Ceremony.
- Twelve top-ranked Arena teams will battle it out in the WoW European Championship Finals on our World of Warcraft stage from Wednesday to Saturday for a share of the $100,000 USD prize pool and the chance to compete in the WoW Arena World Championship Finals at BlizzCon later this year—watch the live stream on https://www.twitch.tv/warcraft.
Heroes of the Storm
- Visitors to the Blizzard booth will be able to get some hands-on play time with our latest Hero—details will be revealed in our Monday preview video.
- Heroes of the Storm: Showdown will see community personalities and pros duking it out in live show matches on our main stage—including Team Liquid and Team expert on Wednesday, August 23, and popular German YouTubers ApeCrime and PietSmiet on Friday, August 25.
- Our newest StarCraft II co-op commander will be playable for the first time at the Blizzard booth—tune in to our preview video on Monday, August 21 when details are unveiled.
- StarCraft: Remastered, our recently released modernization of the classic award-winning real-time strategy game and its Brood War expansion, will also be available to play on the show floor.
- Attendees at gamescom will be able to command legions of the risen dead and wield the dark arts with Diablo III’s Rise of the Necromancer pack, playable on PC and PlayStation 4.
We’ll also feature our famous dance and cosplay contests, signing sessions, quizzes, contests, and more on our main stage—including performances from Video Games Live on Thursday, August 24 and Friday, August 25 at 18:00. Visit http://gamescom.blizzard.com for the full schedule of activities.
In addition, attendees at gamescom can pick up a selection of Blizzard merchandise, including some brand-new and convention-exclusive items, at the Blizzard store in Hall 5.
Daily Live Streams
Those who can’t make it to gamescom 2017 in person will still be able to catch all the excitement via daily live streams on http://gamescom.blizzard.com. Well-known streamers will also be bringing you live action from the Blizzard booth—visit the website for details, and follow our social media channels for the latest news live from the event.