Gamescom kicks off next week, and although there appears to be no Diablo announcements planned, Blizzard plan on celebrating 20 years of the franchise.
Visitors to the Blizzard booth will be able to play all three Diablo games and a 3D artist from the Diablo dev team will be creating a piece of artwork live on the Blizzard stage. Alternatively, you can sit at home and play all three Diablo games.
Other Blizard plans this year include:
- The world premiere of the new Overwatch animated short, “The Last Bastion,” will be revealed on stage and via live stream on our Gamescom site at 18:00 CEST on Thursday, August 18
- The Overwatch Atlantic Showdown tournament will take place from August 20-21 on the ESL Arena stage in Hall 9, pitting the top four teams from both North America and Europe against each other, with a $100,000 USD prize pool on the line
World of Warcraft
- From August 18-21, the Legion Café will bring a recreation of The Fel Hammer to central Cologne to celebrate the upcoming launch of World of Warcraft’s latest expansion (see the blog post for details)
- Visitors to the Blizzard booth will be able to try out the new Demon Hunter class in advance of the August 30 release of World of Warcraft: Legion
- Two of the top World of Warcraft guilds will race against each other in Challenge Mode dungeons live on the Blizzard stage
Heroes of the Storm
- Brawlmania will deliver an epic Heroes of the Storm showdown on the Blizzard stage throughout Gamescom, as six teams of influencers and pro players face off in themed showmatches (see the blog post for details)
- The Heroes of the Storm Europe Fall Regional tournament will take place from August 17-19 on the ESL Arena stage, with the winning team moving on to compete for a piece of the $1,000,000 USD prize pool at the Fall Championship at BlizzCon
- Professional card-slingers and community personalities will battle it out in exciting Hearthstone showmatches on the Blizzard stage
- Professional StarCraft II players will clash in exciting live showmatches on the Blizzard stage