The EU/US day at last weeks’ big Blizzard pre-beta media event included a lengthy presentation about Diablo III features in the Blizzard movie theater. That’s when a lot of the game features and characters were shown off, the new cinematics were previewed, Rob Pardo revealed the Auction House, and Chris Metzen talked about lore and story, etc. That presentation is covered in every article about the event.
In addition to that main presentation, there were interviews. Jay Wilson sat for two group interviews in which every attendee was welcome to ask questions, plus there were a number of smaller, shorter, private interviews granted to various media outlets. Those have begun to pop up online over the past couple of days, and while I’d prefer to focus on each one in an individual news post/discussion, there’s just so much news breaking that we don’t have time. So here are the quick links, and I hope to return to these in the days to come, to focus more on particularly interesting bits of news and game content.
- Gameplanet.NZ with a ton of Auction House questions for Jay Wilson. Very good info.
- can be seen here. , and they’ve posted the full transcript. Topics include game, class, and monster lore, as well as general game feature discussion. Some video from that interview
- Gamespot has also posted video of Rob Pardo talking about the Auction House, and Maxwell McGee talking about Diablo 3 tech stuff.
- Leonard Boyarsky spoke with inDiablo.de and Judge Hype about world lore, D3’s plot, returning D2 monsters, and related topics.
- There are rough transcripts of both of Jay Wilson’s group interviews in one post on DiabloFans. AusGamers has also promised a full transcript, but it’s not yet online. Force Strategy Gaming has cut out video clips of the more interesting stuff from these interviews: Runestone changes, why were skill points removed, how will AI scale, why no manual attributes, PvP plans for D3, and End game and console plans.
- Diablo3.cc posted a transcript of their Jay Wilson interview. The Google translation is readable, but you know how these machine-translations are.
- We previously posted a link to this Jason Bender interview with inDiablo.d3, but here it is again.
If you guys have seen any interviews that I missed, do add them in comments and I’ll update the post.Related to this article