It was quite a surprise to get this patch just now and there are yet more surprises in its contents. Read on for the official release notes and if anything unofficial appears we’ll be sure to report on that too.
There is no mention of a character wipe so we’re not sure on that score but expect a clean slate when you get back in game. Also no changes to the Witch Doctor which is a little surprising after Kaivax’s update earlier:
Were changes not rolled live or are they just a fan of Hardcore Witch Doctors?
As well as the official notes below we have lots more information and Patch 14 Resources that you won’t wish to miss:
- Observations and Screenshots Report by Flux
- Datamined images plus all the hidden changes – Many skill changes that are undocumented in the official patch notes so worth a look.
- All the skill data has been updated to Patch 14 in DiabloNut.Com (Diablo 3 Database)
- Patch 14 Known Issues and Bugs
Diablo III Beta Patch 14 v. 0.8.0.8815
- Hardcore mode is now available, and can be unlocked by reaching level 10 with at least one character
- Cast time to resurrect a fallen ally has been increased from 1 second to 3 seconds
- Player created games now default to Invite Only. Check “Allow Quick Join” in the Social tab of the Options menu to allow your friends to join
- Magic Find and Gold Find are now shared amongst party members. The average combined value of the entire party’s Magic and Gold Find applies to all players regardless of location in the game world. The averaged values will not display in the UI
- In Elective mode, skills can now be dragged and dropped from the skill interface into hot-key slots
- Right-clicking a skill hot-key will now open the skill interface
- The Sell interface has been updated to better match the in-game inventory and stash
- Combined the advanced and basic search features
- The Active auctions tab now allows users to see all active auctions
- Searches for recipes and tomes have been added
Barbarians now have innate 30% passive damage reduction versus all sources.This damage reduction is applied at the same time as all other damage reducing effects (such as Armor), but prior to Shield Block
- Ground Stomp
Now destroys barrels
- Leap Attack
Ability renamed to Leap
Weapon damage reduced from 125% to 85%
Now slows enemies in the landing zone by 60% for 3 seconds
- Hungering Arrow
Rune of Puncturing Arrow pierce chance reduced from 55% to 50%
Rune of Impact stun chance reduced from 100% to 65%
- Smoke Screen
Duration increased from 2 to 3 seconds.
Cost increased from 15 to 24 Discipline
Monks now have innate 30% passive damage reduction versus all sources.This damage reduction is applied at the same time as all other damage reducing effects (such as Armor), but prior to shield block
- Breath of Heaven
Heal amount reduced
- Crippling Wave
Damage increased from 100% to 110%
- Deadly Reach
Damage increased from 100% to 110%
- Exploding Palm
This skill has been redesigned.
No longer generates Spirit, now costs 40 Spirit
Now deals 220% weapon damage over 3 seconds
- Fists of Thunder
Damage increased from 100% to110%
- Gold cost to craft items reduced
- Cost to train Blacksmith doubled
- More crafting materials are now required to craft items
- Chance to salvage rare crafting material from blue Magic items reduced from 10% to 5%
- Several aspects of the game economy have been adjusted, including but not limited to:
- Gold drops
- Item sale values
- Vendor costs
- Repair costs
- Rings and Amulets now become available at a higher level.As a result, these items will no longer drop in the in beta. Fear not – sparkly baubles await you in the retail version of the game.
- Mira Eamon now drops better loot.
- Monster damage has been increased
For a full list of documented game and service bugs, please review the Known Issues sticky located in the Beta Bug Report forum.
- Players are now able to leave the game if unexpectedly disconnected from Battle.net
- Public Games can once again accommodate up to four players
- Players can now queue for a Public Game involving any quest they’ve unlocked
- Players should now properly be able to send and receive friend invites
- Friends should no longer appear as [ ] in chat
So, how do you feel about these new changes? Are you overjoyed, excited, indifferent or just give me the damn game?!
Update: We’ve have begun to datamine the information directly from the Diablo 3 game files. You know how this goes – class this as a spoiler – there is information and pretty images. It will not make up for not having the game I know 🙁Related to this article