Having picked through all the Reaper of Souls data Blizzard have uploaded to the PTR we’ve had a chance to organise it.
The Crusader section on Diablo Wiki is filling up nicely now and in particular the Crusader skills page has been organised into active trees and passives with info on base skills and runes, stats (where available) and the skills’ icons. This information will likely change and so will those pages.
There are also individual skill pages for his all his skills which will fill out with development notes as Reaper of Souls progresses and Blizzard make more data available on their public server.
- All the Crusader Skills
As always he’s inviting your own commentary on those changes, how you think it will impact the class, or if think Blizzard are on the right track with those changes or they’ve made the skill less useful in your opinion. The Demon Hunter in particular will be much affected.
All the info below the fold..
Every 6 (Old: 7) seconds, your next skill that costs Hatred will immobilize all enemies hit for 2 seconds.
Increase damage against slowed enemies by 20%. (Formerly 15%)
Gain 1.5% Life regeneration per second. for every second you remain stationary, stacking up to 3 times. This bonus is reset 5 seconds after you move. (Formerly 2% per second, no stacking, with no connection to moving or not.)
Unchanged except wording.
- Gain a bonus based on your weapon type:
- Bow: 8% increased damage (formerly 15%)
- Crossbow: 50% Critical Hit Damage (unchanged)
- Hand Crossbow: 5% Critical Hit Chance (formerly 10%)
- 2nd Hand Crossbow: 1 Hatred generation (new)
Curious changes, especially since the only one most players think is at all OP now is Crossbow’s CD, since it ties so well with the OP Manticore.Numbing Traps
Increase the duration of your Caltrops, Marked for Death, Spike Trap, and Sentry by 100%. / Increase the maximum number of Sentries to 0 and Spike Traps to 0. (Bug in the DM or game listing on the maximum number of traps.)
Increase the damage of grenades by 20%. Increase the explosion size of grenades by 40%. Upon death, you drop a giant grenade that explodes for 1000% weapon damage as Fire.
- Old version: Increases Hatred generated from Grenades by 2 and reduces the Hatred cost of Cluster Arrow by 10. Upon death, you drop a giant grenade that explodes for 450% weapon damage as Fire. Increases Hatred generated from Grenades by 2 and reduces the Hatred cost of Cluster Arrow by 10. Upon death, you drop a giant grenade that explodes for 450% weapon damage as Fire.
Gain 4% Critical Hit Chance every second. This bonus is reset 1 second after you successfully critically hit. (Old verison was 3%.)
Increase damage of rockets by 100%. (Old was 50%.)
In addition, you have a 20% chance to fire a homing rocket for 150% weapon damage when you attack. (newly added)
New Demon Hunter Passive Skills
Gain 20% Critical Hit Chance against enemies who are more than 20 yards away from any other enemies.
Gain 4% Dodge Chance every second. This bonus is reset 1 second after you successfully dodge an attack.
Gain 20% movement speed increase for every second you remain stationary, stacking up to 3 times. This bonus is reset 5 seconds after you move.
I feel like they refuse to add any death cheating passives just to spite me. That said, I like the idea of Takeoff. I thought they could change Hot Pursuit to work something like this, where it would give you a big burst of speed after a battle. But something new that does it is okay also.
I’m going to vote NO on Singled Out. I think the DH has a big need for some better burst damage options but I’d like it to be something I trigger myself, and it needs to work on champions also, or Boss and minions. This one wouldn’t even work on Ubers, most of the time. (Maybe it would be useful for Loot Runs, if there are moments with just individual big enemies? Nice try on the concept, but fail on execution.
Demon Hunter Active Skills
Fire a massive volley of arrows dealing 220% weapon damage to all enemies in the area. (Old 165% damage.)
Cost: 25 Hatred (Old 30)
- Full Broadside: Increase the damage of Multishot to 286% weapon damage. (Old 215% damage.)
- Burst Fire: Each time you fire, generate a shock pulse that damages nearby enemies within 12 yards for 200% weapon damage as Arcane. (Old was 65% damage.)
- Arsenal: Every time you fire, launch 3 rockets at nearby enemies that each deal 200% weapon damage as Fire. (Old was 60% damage.)
- Fire at Will: Reduce the Hatred. cost to 15. Multishot’s damage turns into Lightning. (Unchanged cost. Lightning damage now jumps between enemies.)
- Surpression Fire: Gain 1 Discipline. for each enemy hit. Maximum 6 Discipline gain per Multishot. (The cap of 6 is newly added.)
Pretty good buffs across the board on Multishot. Currently almost no one uses anything other than Fire at Will, so it’ll be interesting to see if the slight drop in base cost will increase use of the other runes. There are some new and better ways to gain Hatred in RoS as well, of course.
Throw knives out in a spiral around you, dealing 320% weapon damage to all enemies within 20 yards. Your knives will also Slow the movement of enemies by 60% for 2 seconds. Cooldown: 8 seconds. Cost: 0 Hatred.
(Range is increased from 10 to 20y and cooldown is lowered from 10 to 8s. Cost is 20 hatred now. Note that all cooldowns can be further reduced with new items and Paragon points, possibly making this spammable.)
- Hail of Knives: Remove the cooldown but adds a 30 Hatred cost.
- Assassin’s Knives: Also throw long-range knives that deal 70% weapon damage to 5 additional enemies. (Only changed to clarify wording.)
- Fan of Daggers: Imbue your knives with a 100% chance to nockback. (Formerly 60% chance to stun.)
- Pinpoint Accuracy: Double the damage but increase the cooldown to 12 seconds. (Formerly called Crippling Razors, and it used to increase slow to 80%.)
- Bladed Armor: Bladed Armor / Gain 30]% additional armor for 4 seconds. Surround yourself with whirling blades that deal 464% weapon damage to all enemies if you are struck in the next 10. (Unclear in the DM data if one or both effects are present.)
I’ve long thought this should be the centerpiece of a cool variant sword/board melee DH build. And maybe it can be, with ways to remove or at least greatly reduce the cooldown, which was what kept it from being a viable skill previously.
Shoot out an explosive bola that wraps itself around the enemy. After 1 second, the bola explodes dealing 160% weapon damage as Fire to the enemy and an additional 110% weapon damage as Fire to all other enemies within 14 yards.Generate: 3 Hatred (Unchanged.)
- Imminent Doom: Augment the bola to deal 216% weapon damage as Arcane to the enemy and 149% weapon damage as Arcane to all other enemies within 14 yards, but increases the explosion delay to 2 seconds. (Previously 9 yards.)
The other rune effects are unchanged. Note that Poison and Lightning have secondary effects in RoS, so those runes might be a bit more useful for the elemental damage type switch.
Imbue an arrow with shadow energy that deals 90% weapon damage and entangles up to 2 enemies, slowing their movement by 60% for 2 seconds.
(Unchanged base and rune effects.)
Tumble acrobatically 35 yards. 8 Discipline cost (Unchanged.)
- Acrobatics: Remove the Discipline cost but add an 8 second cooldown. (formerly 10s cooldown.)
- Action Shot: While Vaulting, shoot 4 arrows for 75% weapon damage at nearby enemies. These shots are guaranteed Critical Hits. (Formerly no number of shots listed (it was usually 2 in use) and the guaranteed Crit part is new.)
- Rattling Roll: Enemies you vault through are knocked away and Stunned for 1.5 seconds. (Formerly only enemies within 8 yards of your destination were knocked back. Now it sounds like all enemies along the path?)
Lay a trap that arms after 2 seconds and triggers when an enemy approaches. The trap has a 2 second re-arming time and can explode up to 3 times, each time dealing 200% weapon damage to all enemies within 8 yards.
You can have a maximum of 3 Spike Traps active at one time.
Cost: 30 Hatred
(Formerly it had a 1 second arming time but only exploded once.)
- Long Fuse: Increase the arming and re-arming time to 3 seconds but increases damage to 270% weapon damage. (Formerly 2 seconds and 371% damage.)
- Echoing Blast: Increase the damage to 240% weapon damage asand turns the damage into Poison. (Formerly this exploded 3 times, so the base skill is kind of what this used to be. )
- Sticky Trap: Plant a bomb on an enemy rather than on the ground. After 2 seconds, the bomb explodes dealing 280% weapon damage to all enemies within 8 yards. (Formerly within 30 seconds, 404% weapon damage and 16 yards.)
- Lightning Rod: When the trap is triggered, it releases a pulse of lightning that will bounce to up to 3 enemies for 200% weapon damage as Lightning. (Formerly 275% damage.)
The changes are interesting; some of the rune effects seem like nerfs on damage, but not when you consider the base skill is now up to a triple explosion.
Throw out 5 grenades that explode for 95% weapon damage as Fire each. (Formerly 3 grenades.)
Generate: 3 Hatred
- Gas Grenades: Throw 3 gas grenades that explode for 95% weapon damage as Poison and leave a cloud that deals an additional 75% weapon damage as Poison over 3 seconds to enemies who stand in the area. (Only changed in wording.)
- Cluster Grenades: Throw cluster grenades that deal 112% weapon damage as Fire over a 36 yard radius. (Was 8y radius.)
- Grenade Cache: Throw out 5 grenades that explode for 95% weapon damage as Fire each. (Formerly Fire Bomb, which was one grenade for 124% damage.)
- Tinkerer: Increase Hatred generated to 6. (Unchanged.)
Fire a swirling Chakram that deals 200% weapon damage as Physical to enemies along its path. (Formerly 170%.)
Cost: 10 Hatred
- Twin Chakrams: A second Chakram mirrors the first. Each Chakram deals 130% weapon damage as Physical. (Formerly 114%.)
- Boomerang: The Chakram path turns into a loop, dealing 240% weapon damage as Lightning to enemies along its path. (Formerly 230%.)
- Serpentine: The Chakram follows a slow curve, dealing 270% weapon damage as Poison to enemies along the path. (Formerly 230%.)
- Razor Disk: The Chakram spirals out from the targeted location dealing 220% weapon damage as Arcane to enemies along the path. (Formerly 187%.)
- Shruiken Cloud: Surround yourself with spinning Chakrams for 2 minutes, dealing 50% weapon damage per second as Physical to nearby enemies. (Formerly 34% damage.)
Buffs across the board. Enough to make anyone use this skill? Remains to be seen.
Cost: 40 Hatred / Fire a cluster arrow that explodes for 300% weapon damage as Fire into a series of 4 additional grenades that each explode for 135% weapon damage as Fire. (Formerly 50 cost, 225% damage, and 100% bomb explosion damage.
- Loaded for Bear: Increase the damage of the explosion at the impact location to 405% weapon damage as Fire. (Formerly 304%.)
- Shooting Stars: Instead of releasing grenades, release up to 3 rockets at nearby enemies that each deal 300% weapon damage as Physical. (Formerly 175% damage.)
- Cluster Bombs: Launch a cluster through the air, dropping grenades in a straight line that each explode for 280% weapon damage as Fire. (Formerly 230% damage..)
- Maelstrom: Instead of releasing bombs, release up to 5 shadow tendrils at nearby enemies that each deal 225% weapon damage as Physical. You gain 1% Life per enemy hit. (Formerly 165% damage and 4% life leech.)
- Dazzling Arrow: Enemies hit by the grenades have a 75% chance to be stunned for 2 seconds. Cluster Arrow’s damage turns into Physical. (Formerly 55% damage.)
- Contagion: When the enemy is killed, the mark spreads to the closest 3 enemies within 30 yards. This effect can chain repeatedly. (Formerly 2 targets without any listed range limit.)
- Mortal Enemy: Attacks that you and your allies make against the marked enemy generate resources: / *Demon Hunter: 3 Hatred. / *Barbarian: 2 Fury / *Crusader: 2 Wrath / *Monk: 3 Spirit / *Witch Doctor: 16 Mana / *Wizard: 4 Arcane Power. (Specific amounts of resource now notated.)
I’d hoped for some bigger buffs to this one since it seems good potential for a DH burst damage. But I’ve just never found it very useful for that purpose since it’s single target or else a slow growth. Where’s the 25y radius splash everything rune?
Drop a turret on the ground. The turret fires at nearby enemies for 175% weapon damage. Lasts 30 seconds. / You may have 2 turrets active at a time. Cost: 30 Hatred Cooldown: 6 seconds (Formerly 6s cooldown.)
- Vigilant Watcher: The turret now fires a bolt with a 100% chance to pierce. (Formerly reduced cooldown to 6s.)
Surprised not to see more buffs or changes for a skill that’s far from popular now. Perhaps they’re still working on ideas to buff it?
- Serrated Arrow:Increase Hatred generated to 6. (Formerly Cinder Arrow, which added 35% fire damage over 3s.)
Other rune effects are unchanged.
- Healing Vapors: Regenerate 10% Life while invisible. (Formerly Breath Deep, which regenerated 12 Hatred per second.)
- Special Recipe: Remove the Discipline cost but add a 14 second cooldown. (Formerly reduced cost to 12 Discipline with no cooldown.)
- Displacement: Gain 60% movement speed while invisible. (Formerly 35%.)
The addition of a cooldown time is a huge change for Smoke Screen. Many DHs can now go completely invulnerable for 10 or 12 seconds (or longer), thanks to high base Discipline, big discipline regen from skills, Preparation, and the ability to cast Smoke Screen repeatedly. Adding a cooldown, even such a short one, will make a considerable difference for DHs used to standing with impunity in the middle of the worst killing fields.
Remember that cooldowns can be reduced with some new gear, and with Paragon points.
Draw in the power of the shadows, gaining 826 Life per Hit for 5 seconds. (Formerly 15% life steal for 5s.)
Cost: 14 Discipline
- Night Bane: Slow the movement speed of enemies within 30 yards by 60% for 3 seconds. (Formerly 3s Hatred per second.)
- Gloom: Reduce damage taken by 25% while Shadow Power is active. (Formerly 35%.)
- Well of Darkness: Remove the Discipline cost but add a 14 second cooldown. (Formerly lowered Discipline cost to 12.)
- Blood Moon: Increase Life per Hit gain to 1239. (Formerly 25% life steal.)
First Smoke Screen and now Gloom: clearly Blizzard thought the Demon Hunter had it too good on the main defensive skills. This change is simlar to a bunch that the Barb got, with Life Steal changed to Life on Hit (or Life per Fury Spent).
Rain of Vengeance:
Unchanged in function.
- Frost Arrow: Shoot a frost arrow that hits an enemy for 170% weapon damage as Cold then splits into up to 10 additional frost arrows. Enemies hit have their movement speed slowed by 60% for 1 second. (Formerly split into only 3 shards.)
- Nether Tentacles: Shoot a shadow tentacle that deals 155% weapon damage to enemies along its path and returns 0.2% of your maximum Life for each enemy hit. (Formerly 3% Life Steal.)
No one used Nether Tentacles since the big early nerf that cut the number of times it hit each target from 2 to 1, but of course the “no Life Steal” RoS tweak brigade had to shank it as well.
- Bombardment: Rapidly fire grenades that explode for 745% weapon damage as Fire to all enemies within a 11 yard radius. (Formerly 414% damage and 8 yards.)
That is a giant buff to Bombardment. Players seem to either love or hate the fire hose style of targeting, so those who like it should really like it now.
- Punishment: Restore 125 Hatred for 25 Discipline. (Formerly refilled all Hatred for 25 Discipline.)
- Invigoration: Passive: Permanently increase maximum Discipline by 10. (Unclear from the DM; maybe this is a note by the devs to change this one rune effect to a passive?)
Interesting change with no longer full Discipline refill. It’s kind of a bargain for players who didn’t have +max discipline gear on, since they won’t notice much of a change. DHs with 50 or 60 discipline will find it painful, though.
- Ricochet: The knife ricochets to 2 nearby enemies within 20 yards of each other. (Formerly Awareness: After the initial throw, release multiple blades centered on you, dealing 75% weapon damage)
The other rune effects are not changed.
After the devs singled this one out for comment, as a nearly-useless single target skill, and a Hatred-costing skill that actually did less single target damage than the Hatred-building Hungering Arrow, I was expecting much more of a buff.
Summon a raven companion that pecks at enemies for 100% of your weapon damage as Physical. (Formerly 38%.)
Cost: 10 Discipline
Cooldown: 30 seconds /
- Boar Companion: Summon a boar companion that attacks for 60% of your weapon damage as Physical. The boar increases your Life regeneration by 826 per second and increases your resistance to all damage types by 15%. (Formerly 310 life regen/second.)
- Wolf Companion: Summon a wolf companion that attacks for 150% of your weapon damage as Physical. (Formerly 94%.)
I can’t believe they didn’t buff the Ferret gold find above the completely irrelevant 10%. How about like 250%, and it can stack above the 300% hardcap? That said, like everyone else my DH only uses Boar, and nearly doubling the life regen there will be great… though probably not enough to make up for the Life Steal nerfs on Gloom.
- Demolition: Throw out bouncy grenades that explode for 240% weapon damage to enemies within 16 yards. (Formerly 187% and 9 yards.)
- Emberstrafe: Leave a trail of fire in your wake that deals 160% weapon damage as Fire over 2 seconds. (Formerly 65%.)
- Rocket Storm: In addition to regular firing, fire off homing rockets for 140% weapon damage as Fire. (Formerly 65%.)
If you’d been hoping for a skill that just got big damage buffs across the board… here you go.
Evasive Fire: (DB)
Shoot a spread of bolts that hits the main enemy for 130% weapon damage. and two additional enemies for 60% weapon damage. If an enemy is in front of you at close range, you will backflip away 15 yards. You may backflip once per 3 seconds. (Formerly there was just one shot, and there was no cooldown on the backflip, but it cost 4 Discipline. There is no Discipline cost now.)
Generate 4 Hatred.
- Covering Fire: Increase the damage of side bolts to 130% weapon damage.
- Parting Gift: Whenever a backflip is triggered, leave a poison bomb behind that explodes for 150% weapon damage as Poison in a 10 yard radius after 0.6 seconds. Evasive Fire’s damage is turned into Poison. (Formerly 55% damage and 12 yard radius.)
This is another skill changing fundamentally to what one of the runes used to do. The base skill is now roughly what Covering Fire used to do, just with reduced damage on the side shots and removed Discipline cost. The Covering Fire rune is now pretty lame with just a slight damage boost; I think that one needs to be a damage increase, or to hit up to 5 targets; something anyway.
New Demon Hunter Skills
Summon a wall impassable by enemies between two pillars for 6 seconds. Enemies near the pillars are Slowed by 60%.
Cooldown: 10 seconds /
- Great Wall: Increase the maximum width of the wall by 50%.
- Buffer Zone: Enemies between you and the wall are knocked back past the wall when you summon it.
- Wall of Pain: Rather than an impassable wall, summon a shadow wall that Slows the movement speed of enemies by 60% and causes them to take 15% additional damage.
- Electric Fence: Rather than an impassable wall, create an electric field that discharges 1 second after an enemy enters it, stunning all enemies near the field for 3 seconds.
- Speed Gate: Gain 30% movement speed for 3 seconds when you pass through the wall.
Presumably the Demon Hunter can shoot through this wall, so it’s useful to block enemies while you blast them, or stick traps under their feet. They’ll try to go around it, one assumes, and I like that the posts slow them down at the ends. Can the DH go through the wall? Could you cast it in front of you and then Vault or run through, leaving monsters behind?
Man, that’s a lot of big skill changes for the Demon Hunter. Buffs to almost every damage skill, but offset by what seem like nerfs to defensive skills. No more perma-invul from Smoke Screen, no more huge Life Steal from Gloom, and no death-cheating passive for HC DH requests. I’d hoped for more big changes; some movement towards a melee variant option, some passives that seemed like play style changers, etc. And I don’t see those. Nor do I see the sort of burst damage skills I’d been hoping for, since in my experience the DH can fly through trash mobs but has to kite and slow on bosses as no other class does.
You guys are free to disagree on my DH opinions and what the class needs for improvement, of course.
- (Old: Critical Hit Chance increased by 5%. Critical Hit Damage increased by 50%.)
A big nerf. The new version might make for some interesting play dynamics, with monster hps dropping off a cliff once below 1/3. Wonder if it could be paired with some other new bonuses to do more damage to monsters that are above 40% or 50% hps?
- Swords/Daggers: 8% increased damage. (Old 15%)
- Maces/Axes: 5% Critical Hit Chance (Old 10%)
- Polearms/Spears: 10% attack speed
- Mighty Weapons: 3 Fury per hit
More big nerfs. Bliz seems determined to lower critical hits from passives; perhaps since everyone will be adding 10% from paragon points?
- Old: Gain 3% of all damage done as Life.
The multiplier wording confused me, but commenters point out that it’s the +healing from health globe modifier. That’s not much valued by many players, but the affix can roll up to +12794 health per globe/potion, which is fairly substantial. Even 1% of it is going to be +100 or more per point of Fury.
This is a massive change, taking away the Barb’s free LS passive. I guess it’s fair, as every other class has to use active skills or their weapon to get LS, while Barbs got it free from a passive and can get it on mighty belts too. But still… ouch.
- (Old: Increases the damage of Ancient Spear and Weapon Throw by 10%. In addition, a Critical Hit with Ancient Spear resets the cooldown while Critical Hits with Weapon Throw have a chance to return 14 Fury.)
Can anyone see this being enough to make these unloved skills and their passive viable? Neither Weapon Throw or Ancient Spear is scheduled for much of a buff, at least in the current stats.
New Barbarian Passives
- Increase Strength by 4% for 8 seconds after killing or assisting in killing an enemy. This effect stacks up to 5 times.
Sword and Board
- Blocking an attack generates 20 Fury.
- Reduce all damage taken by 826.
I assume the number on Absorb is temp or an error in the datamining. There has to be a % there, eh?
Ones not listed aren’t changed in the available pre-beta build:
- None of the skill runes are changed in anything but wording; the numbers are all the same.
- Invigorate: Increase maximum Life by 10% and Life regeneration by 1651 per second while affected by War Cry. (Old regen was 620 life per second.)
Seems like a pretty powerful boost to life. And you might need it with much of the formerly-easy life leech removed from the class.
- Mob Rule: Allies within 50 yards also benefit from Ignore Pain. (Old: Extend the effect to nearby allies, reducing damage taken by 65% for 5 seconds.)
- Bravado: Breaks the effects of Root, Stun, Fear, Immobilized, and Snare. (Old: When activated, Knockback all enemies within 12 yards deal 50% weapon damage to them.)
- Ignorance is Bliss: While Ignore Pain is active, gain 289 Life per Fury spent. (Old:While Ignore Pain is active, gain 20% of all damage dealt as Life.)
Lots of changes here, with a new way to break all CC effects, probably needed since perma-WotB is gone. Note another change from Life Steal to Life on Fury Spent as well.
Throw a spear that pierces enemies and deals 200% weapon damage. Cost: 20 Fury:
(Old: Throw a spear to pull an enemy back to you, briefly slowing the target’s movement by 60% and dealing 185% weapon damage. Generate: 15 Fury. Cooldown: 10 seconds).
- Harpoon: Add a chain to the spear to drag all enemies all back to you and Slow them.
- Grappling Hooks: Throw 3 spears. Each spear will pull back the enemies that it hits.
- Jagged Edge: Increase the damage to 260% weapon damage. (old: Dread Spear: Gain Life equal to 60% of the damage inflicted.) (Another Life Steal effect bites the dust.)
- Ranseur: Enemies hit are carried by the spear and knocked back. (Old: Increases Fury gained to 30.)
- Rage Flip: Add a chain to the spear to throw all enemies hit behind you and Slow them. (Old: Enemies hit with Ancient Spear are pulled in the opposite direction and damage is increased to 213% weapon damage.)
Big changes here. The cooldown is gone and it now costs Fury instead of generating it, and it’s just a projectile now; not a grapping hook at the base function. Some of the runes make it a hook, others just boost the damage.
- Dreadnought: All enemies hit are pulled to your destination. (Old: Regain 8% of your maximum Life for each target hit by Furious Charge.)
(No other rune effects are changed except in wording.)
Nice function, but another big removed life steal/healing ability.
- Into the Fray: Gain 1% Critical Hit Chance for each enemy within 10 yards while under the effects of Battle Rage. (Old: Critical Hits have a chance to generate 15 additional Fury.)
And a huge nerf to Fury generation. The other rune effects are only slight wording changes.
Wrath of the Berserker: (DB)
Enter a berserker rage which raises several attributes for 15 seconds.
Cost: 50 Fury. Cooldown: 2 Minutes. Critical Hit Chance: +10%. Attack Speed: +25%. Dodge Chance: +20% Movement Speed: +20% (All unchanged.)
- Thrive on Chaos: Gain 248 Life per Fury spent while under the effects of Wrath of the Berserker (Old: Every 25 Fury gained while Wrath of the Berserker is active adds 1 second to the duration of the effect.)
(The other rune effects are unchanged.)
And the screams echo from Arreat Crater. No more extended time WotB! Not even a little bit. Not even capped at like 60s. Nothing. Just healing, and not even good Life Steal healing… no, it’s more Life from Fury Spent…
Generate: 5 Fury per attack (Formerly this cost 10 Fury to use.)
- Balanced Weapon: Increase Fury generated to 8.
Balanced Weapon replaces Dread Bomb, which seems to be entirely removed. The other rune effects are unchanged.
- Old — Dread Bomb: Expend all remaining Fury to throw a corpse which inflicts an additional 3% weapon damage for each point of Fury expended to all enemies within 12 yards of the target.
- Blood Lust: Heal for 0.5% of your maximum Life per second for each affected enemy. (Old: Gain 9% of the damage done by Rend as Life.
Another big Life Steal gone.
No function changes; just wording.
Call of the Ancients: (DB)
Cost: 50 Fury. Cooldown: 120 seconds
Summon the ancient Barbarians Talic, Korlic, and Madawc to fight alongside you for (Old 15) 30 seconds. Each deals (Old 60%) 100% weapon damage per swing in addition to bonus abilities. Talic wields a sword and shield and uses the Whirlwind skill. Korlic wields a massive polearm and uses the Cleave skill. Madawc dual-wields axes and uses the Weapon Throw skill.
- The Council Rises: The Ancients deal 110% (old 66%) weapon damage with each attack and gain 100% additional Armor.
- Duty to the Clan: : Increase duration to 35 seconds. (Old was 20 seconds.)
Korlic’s Might, Madawc’s Madness, and Talic’s Anger are all “NYI” which means “Not Yet Implemented.” So hope for cool changes/effects in the future. Blizzard has talked about this as a skill they want to buff to make it awesome, perhaps by some item proc that makes the ancients last indefinitely, until they are killed in combat or a giant pigeon lands on them.
Seismic Slam: (DB)
Slam the ground and cause a wave of destruction that deals 240% weapon damage and 8 yard Knockback to enemies in a 45 yard arc.
Cost: 30 Fury. (Newly added the 8 yard part; no distance was specified before.)
- Strength from the Earth: Gain 2% of your maximum Life for every enemy hit. (Old: Reduce Fury cost to 15 Fury.)
Deliver multiple attacks to everything in your path for 145% weapon damage. While whirlwinding, you move at 66% movement speed.
Cost: 10 Fury (Newly added the 66% speed part, but that’s just a change in the description, not the function.)
- Hurricane: Pull enemies from up to 45 yards away towards you while Whirlwinding. (Old: Allows you to move at your movement speed while using Whirlwind.)
No other rune effects changed. Not even Dust Devils. But the slowdown of Hurricane is another nerf to one of the things the Barb did best.
No changes at all.
No changes but to skill wording.
- Revel: Increase damage to 215% weapon damage. (Old: Heal 8% of your maximum Life for every enemy hit.)
- Crushing Advance: Redirect 35% of incoming melee damage back to the attacker for 4 seconds after Overpower is activated. (Old: worked against ranged damage also.)
I’ve been making jokes about OPBs for months, but even I am surprised at the amount of nerfing here. A few minor skill buffs to unused skills, but huge nerfs to the 2 most popular (and wildly OP) passives, and big drops to Life Steal and healing all over the place. Those surprise me more: it was very obvious that Barbs were way OP on the ease with which they could get giant DPS, but I didn’t think the healing was too OP, except that LS was so easy and with the huge DPS it was magnified. I’d think that just removing some of the big DPS would take care of the all-too-easy healing at the same time.
That said, remember that we’ll be able to add considerable bonuses to CD, CC, mainstat and much mroe via the Paragon 2.0 points, so some nerfs to all classes are probably needed to offset those big damage boosters.
If you’d prefer to discuss these in the forums you can do so in the following threads:
Of course as this is pre-release information the standard “it
could will change” applies.