Patch 2.3 is live and playable on the realms right now, and Blizzard has offered up the final patch notes. There are only a few small changes from what we saw in the last patches on the PTR, but for those of you who didn’t delve into the testing realm, this is your chance to finally get your hands on Kanai’s Cube, to try out the new keyless Rifts and Grift without enduring the Realm of Trials, to enter the Ruins of Sescheron, to get the three new item sets, and much more.
Here’s a quote about some general gameplay changes. Click through for the full notes, and happy Rifting.
- Torment VII-X difficulty levels have been added to the game
- Experience gained, including all sources of Bonus Experience, is now averaged across all players in a party that are eligible to receive experience
- Crowd control resistance cap has been increased from 65% to 95%
- This now applies to immobilize effects as well
- Non-elite monsters can now benefit from crowd control resistance
- All monsters other than bosses, Rift Guardians, or certain large monsters (like Mallet Lords) are now vulnerable to knockback effects
- Knockback effects are now subject to crowd control resistance rules and monsters will become immune to knockback at 65% resistance
- All hard crowd control effects (e.g. blind, charm, fear, knockback, stun) now automatically apply 20% crowd control resistance regardless of the duration
- Lantern Oil and Barrel Stack traps can now deal damage and stun or knockback enemies
- Vendors now only sell Magic amulets and rings
- Gems that drop below level 61 have been condensed into 5 tiers
- The values of these remaining early gems have been adjusted so they feel more powerful
- Increased the amount of Experience required for Paragon Levels 2500 and up
Season Four starts Friday night, but of course you might want to get online this week and try out the new stuff even before then. And there are people who play without playing Seasons, or so I’ve been told.
Click through for the full patch notes: