Patch 2.3 is live and playable on the realms right now, and Blizzard has offered up the final patch notes. There are only a few small changes from what we saw in the last patches on the PTR, but for those of you who didn’t delve into the testing realm, this is your chance to […]
The Diablo Podcast #82: The Diablo 3 Expansion DebatePosted 20 Nov 2012 by
Flux is joined Exile to speculate on all things Diablo 3 expansion. Class and item makeovers, improved B.net features, new monsters, new game modes, Act Five’s setting, and more.
Times and topics are approximate, as the flow of conversation twists and turns.
- 0:00 — Intro and why it’s more fun to speculate about the future than talk about the present.
- 3:00 — Improved multiplayer features. More exp/items in MP games? Raid-type content?
- 8:20 — Better character customization and item system improvements.
- 14:40 — Level design improvements. More randomness/variety in expansion/act 5?
- 18:40 — Guest monsters? More monster variety and design?
- 26:00 — Simplification of features in Diablo III. How does WoW retain more complexity and how can Diablo III add more depth?
- 36:40 — New class in the expansion. Return of the Necromancer? Paladin? Other? Both?
- 42:00 — Act five? Where? What? Difference?
- 46:50 — A new Follower? Sparkle Panda suggestion!
- 48:30 — New game modes. Tower defense, competitive PvM, bottomless dungeon, etc.
- 54:00 — When will D3X be released? How did they make D2X with act 5, Druid, Assassin, all the new items and other features in just 12 months?
- 55:00 — Farewell and thanks to Xanth, and welcome to ZappaFan. Plus new podcast guests wanted.
The Diablo Podcast Episode Guidein the DiabloWiki provides links to every show, plus quick summaries.
- Listen and subscribe through iTunes.
- View video versions of all The Diablo Podcasts on You Tube, via our all-encompassing Diablo3Inc channel.
- Get the Podcast RSS feed