Season 4 approaches and fans plan for the event. Plus debate over D3’s out-dated graphics, the “unannounced Diablo project” art director, Blizzcon D3X2 hints, how D4 @ Blizzcon could be a nightmare, and Patch 2.3 rants. Featuring Tyr, Katniss, N3rdwards, and Flux. Click through for more details and segment starting times.
The Diablo 3 Podcast #83: PvP Delays and DuelingPosted 28 Dec 2012 by
Flux and Xanth discuss the Diablo 3 PvP system delays and the abrupt change from a team deathmatch to duel system. Disappointment, relief, and surprise are the order of the day.
This is a double show, since we’d recorded one on various topics just before Xmas, but before I could post it the new PvP details were revealed. So Xanth and I talked about the PvP info Thursday evening and I added that conversation to the PvP content from the earlier podcast.
- 0:00 — Intro from before Xmas: Xanth’s HC column’s imminent return, Ironborn theories, and Xanth’s Hardcore Diablo player’s mentality.
- 7:22 — Why didn’t we get PvP in 2012, and what was going on with those confusing Jay Wilson tweets?
- 19:50 — Part two, recorded Dec 27th, all about the PvP announcement.
- 28:00 — Dueling instead of team deathmatch. How dueling worked (or didn’t work) in D2 and what it means for D3.
- 32:10 — Yet another attempt of the D3 devs to “reinvent the ARPG wheel” ends in tears.
- 35:30 — Fan reaction to PvP announcement. Xanth is more disappointed than most of you guys seem to be.
- 37:40 — Blizzard could have handled this news much better than a terse and belated blog post with “it got boring” as the entire excuse for no deathmatch. Why aren’t fansites or regular players being invited to test out the PvP and Deathmatch systems? Xanth and Flux volunteer.
- 46:50 — What else will we get in v1.07 to spice up the activities? New items? New events? Better farming areas in Act 1/Act 2?
Podcast guests wanted! I mentioned this last time and heard from a lot of volunteers, but I’m still looking for some more new/fresh voices to appear on the podcast. If you’re interested you need to be an active Diablo III player with good verbal skills, a decent quality headset/mic, a Skype account, and thoughts/ideas/opinions/interests about D3. If you’re interested, contact email@example.com with a brief note about your D3 play experience and what topics you’d like to discuss on The Diablo Podcast.
(Also, if you’re one of the several people who volunteered last time but who I never met for an audition chat, sorry about that. If you’re still interested email me or IM me on Skype and we’ll find a time that works.)
The Diablo Podcast Episode Guidein the DiabloWiki provides links to every show, plus quick summaries.
- Listen and subscribe through iTunes.
- View video versions of all The Diablo Podcasts on You Tube, via our all-encompassing Diablo3Inc channel.
- Get the Podcast RSS feed