Gamescom gets underway in Cologne in just over a week and this year Blizzard are holding another press conference on Wednesday 5th. It was a couple of years ago at Gamescom that Reaper of Souls was announced as the first expansion so can we expect another expansion announcement this year? There’s been plenty of rumours […]
Unlike the new and enjoyable Season Journey which is composed entirely of Achievements you’ll “earn” through the (more or less) normal course of play, each Season also has some Conquests. These are like super achievements, e-peen style, requiring special efforts and a lot of end game grinding to achieve. Conquests required some powerful characters to […]
The Diablo 3 Podcast #114: Hardcore Paragon 2.0 and Loot 2.0Posted 25 Sep 2013 by
Discussion of live Paragon 100s and dead Paragon 90s, issues with public games, Loot 2.0 and Paragon 2.0’s likely impact on Hardcore play, and a Witch Doctor makeover. Featuring Flux and Xanth.
Click through for show contents and other notes.
This show is the second half of episode 110, but there’s no overlap between the segments and you need not listen to one to appreciate the other. This one was delayed since all the datamining and auction house shutdown news mandated emergency podcasts last week.
- 0:00 — Xanth and the conundrum of a Paragon 100 Hardcore. Play and risk dying and losing future paragon exp? Strip him for parts and sell off the gear to get value now before RoS devalues everything? Make a new char and pass down the gear?
- 5:30 — Flux recounts the recent and tragic death of his Hardcore 91 Monk while Xanth cries like Nancy Kerrigan!
- 10:15 — Mystic crafting options and their impact on “near perfect” gear. Or even gear that’s crap now, but would be fantastic if that one missing mandatory affix was present (like DPS?).
- 16:00 — Public games vs. playing solo. Why the hell is there no counter to show how long a game has been open? Noobs with terrible gear in HC pubbies. Flux and Xanth impersonate elitist scum.
- 27:00 — New skills from level 60-70. What should WDs get for new skills to allow new builds and diversity? Zoo Doctor build?
- 34:00 — Paragon 2.0 changing everything for Hardcore with the sharagon system? Will death lose its sting? To the extent that builds will change and passives that just save your life are no longer so necessary? Should dead HC char exp count towards Sharagon when the system goes live? Do we need individual character level up bonuses on top of the sharagon system?
The Diablo 3 Podcast Episode Guide in DiabloWiki.net provides links to every show, plus quick summaries.
- Listen and subscribe through iTunes.
- View video versions of all The Diablo Podcasts on You Tube, via our all-encompassing Diablo3Inc channel.
- Get the Podcast RSS feed